Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT Interference engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shade Tree
yeah, I knew I should change the belt. It's a nissan frontier with 135000 on the odo. I didn't hear any really loud crunchy sounds so maybe I got lucky? I doubt it. My luck has completely run out.

Here is a recap of my last two weeks. BAD Things.

1.. Wife left me.
2. 914 started running like shit.
3. Hit a deer in my pick up.
4. Lost my timing belt in the same pickup.
5. Had to pay a lawyer 1000....uh that was supposed to be my mortgage payment for that damned house that I don't even live in now.

Anyway, anybody busted a timing belt on a nissan 3.3 v6? Did it cause extreme damage? I plan to try to turn the cams over by hand and if they turn ok, I think I'll buy a belt and try it. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Man, you are a country song.

Expect bent valves at the least.
Ferg
Sorry, but I think your chances are slim to none that you can just put on a new belt... sad.gif
mikelsr
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 2 2010, 11:26 AM) *
Expect bent valves at the least.

agree.gif
From what the web says, it is an interference engine. Sorry.
Shade Tree
ar15.gif hissyfit.gif barf.gif icon8.gif
Shade Tree
On the upside, I'm a single man.....um , sort of homeless and and without transportation but still... drunk.gif IPB Image
McMark
Time to go live on a beach in rural Mexico. bandit.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Time to go live on a beach in rural Mexico. bandit.gif

IPB Image
Mikey914
I was replacing the belt on my 944T and stopped for the night. Came back the next moring, finished up and and tried to start. No dice. I rechecked and realized that I had set on the wrong mark. Bent a few valves. Starter turned over nicely. I did get luck that I didn't bend them all.
I'ld put money on bent valves, but on the bright side you can check off the head gasket for a few more miles.
Joe Bob
He caught the disease from me...
Shade Tree
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Apr 2 2010, 11:04 AM) *

He caught the disease from me...

Freedom envy
JRust
Damn dude! Anything I can do to help? Whats with your 914? Maybe we can get that going right confused24.gif . Give me a call man
Joe Bob
Proably needed to have a valve job anyways....keep telling yourself that....
stepuptotheMike
That sucks. Sorry to hear, but yeah you're looking at bent valves. If shit happens in 3's then you should be good for a while.

Buddy of mine sheered the teeth off of his timing belt a few weeks ago.... while unemployed for the past year and a half. Thankfully he got a full time gig now and is happy as a clam. Still a hole to dig out of but brighter days ahead.

Here's hoping to better ones for you. beer.gif

Mike
Shade Tree
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 2 2010, 11:18 AM) *

Damn dude! Anything I can do to help? Whats with your 914? Maybe we can get that going right confused24.gif . Give me a call man

Thanks Jamie, I will call you. I've been a bit out of sorts lately and a bit unsociable. World crashing down sort of thing.
My 914 was running damn near perfect for about a month and then developed a miss. I thought for sure it was just points but I was wrong. The miss is getting worse every time I start it up. I'm worried about the intake valve on #4. When I set the valve clearance, all is well until I get to that one. It's like there is too much spring pressure on the push rod. I have to pull back on the rocker to set the clearance. No play at all but I don't have to pull very hard to find the spot where it "stops". The adjuster will come all the way out before you run completely out of spring pressure. I don't get it.
EdwardBlume
Hang in there buddy! I hope it all gets sorted out... beer.gif
agentblr
Kewl when did we get the Bong emoticons??? Shade tree, My wife left over 3 years ago,I have never been more happy in my life! I know it sucks ass right now but it gets better every day. Don't waste you money or energy fighting over everything,all it does it cause irrevocable damage to whats left of your relationship (if you have kids together) Let her have what she wants and move on with your life,and no serious relationships for at least 2 years (especially your high school flame) A wise man once told me: Don't buy rent for the weekend grouphug.gif
Shade Tree
Hey, I want to thank everyone for the kind words and advice....I can use it. I could care less about my stuff....except for tools and Porsche parts...and guns. I have my kids as often as they want to come over currently, which has been about 4 nights per week.

Agentblr: hank3.com.... the cussin' board. you might have to sign up to find the smileys. My name is Shootingcoons on that board.
DBCooper
I think everyone who's been through it can tell you that you're at the worst right now. But if you think about it you know it was bad, and a couple of years from now you'll be about as happy as a man could be. Most people end up thinking it was the best thing that could have happened them.

Now that Nissan on the other hand, that's a LOT of bent valves...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.