Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the reasons I've been so Busy - Visor clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've been playing around with these for awhile (almost 4 months) and with everythig else on my plate didn't want to start another pre purchase sale for an item that I didn't know if it could ship with others (timing). You can sign up here or I will allow you the option to combine with any other prepurchase items taht are running (form letters will be going out late this evening)

Here's the details on these

The ends are available from Porsche, they are a superceeded part number for the 964. about $54 each. The rub, they are not textured like the original 914 ones. Kind of minor but for that kind of cash I want something that matches.

So I reporduced these with the same texture as OEM started with.

The other issue is the pins. The OEM ones where chromed steel. They rusted after the chrome was breached. Not a big deal, but why not improve it?

Mine are machined stainless, no rust. They're shiny, and I don't think you'ld even notice once installed.

The other issue is cracking. While the plastic isn't very thick, the factory ones have a void behind them. It uses less material to make them that way. Mine are solid. The thought was as a solid part would be less points.

The pins are cast into the parts and I did do this to the center part.

These will start shipping late next week (Thursday or Friday).

Let me know if you need them.
Mikey914
Texture
dr914@autoatlanta.com
excellent work! Although we have had the repro clips for several years now, it is nice to see someone so thorough as to make them with the pins included!!!! Congrats. What a tremendous asset to this community. So glad Mikey is a mulit millionaire, because he is CERTAINLY not making any money on these parts but rather doing it as a donation! We know how expensive it is to develop small quantity runs of parts!

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 2 2010, 11:08 AM) *

I've been playing around with these for awhile (almost 4 months) and with everythig else on my plate didn't want to start another pre purchase sale for an item that I didn't know if it could ship with others (timing). You can sign up here or I will allow you the option to combine with any other prepurchase items taht are running (form letters will be going out late this evening)

undefined

The ends are available from Porsche, they are a superceeded part number for the 964. about $54 each. The rub, they are not textured like the original 914 ones. Kind of minor but for that kind of cash I want something that matches.

So I reporduced these with the same texture as OEM started with.

The other issue is the pins. The OEM ones where chromed steel. They rusted after the chrome was breached. Not a big deal, but why not improve it?

Mine are machined stainless, no rust. They're shiny, and I don't think you'ld even notice once installed.

The other issue is cracking. While the plastic isn't very thick, the factory ones have a void behind them. It uses less material to make them that way. Mine are solid. The thought was as a solid part would be less points.

The pins are cast into the parts and I did do this to the center part.

These will start shipping late next week (Thursday or Friday).

Let me know if you need them.

JRust
I'm in for a set! How about the little rubber door switch piece? You doing that allready? Or can you ad it to your list blink.gif
stepuptotheMike
friggin awesome. Put me down for a set.

Mike
ConeDodger
In! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif Mikey rocks!
McMark
OMG! Those are beautiful!
MDG
Superb, Mark!! I'll take two sets please.

mike
zx-niner
Definitely in for a set. Just had to super glue the old ones last week!
Daiberl
In for a set
ericread
I'm in for a set.

Eric Read
Rod
yes please with shipping to the uk.

rodsrugsatme.com
Chris Pincetich
WOW, I need those. Great idea to bond the pins in. I think the install will require everything off, then assemble, then screw all three mounts with visors attached all at the same time. I have f'ed with these too many times, after they loosen and fall into my lap while driving or AX racin.
+1 for pre-order beerchug.gif
Gint
I could use at least one set for sure. Thanks Mark.
jimkelly
can you make visors out of this same plastic material ??

jim
quick six
aktion035.gif Sweet looking. Very nice
montoya 73 2.0
One set for me.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 3 2010, 11:06 AM) *

can you make visors out of this same plastic material ??

jim

Yes, but they would not feel correct. I am working on them, diferent construction technique.
johannes
I am in for two sets
leebenedi
Will you ship to Spain? If so, what cost. Thank you.
Mikey914
QUOTE(leebenedi @ Apr 4 2010, 08:30 AM) *

Will you ship to Spain? If so, what cost. Thank you.

Spain not a problem. I ship priority mail flat rate envelope, so if you need any other small items I can fit them in.
Rod
Just about to order, but is there a place I can see all the items you offer in one place? I can't see a link?? I'm in the UK and want to be sure I get everything in one go...
Mikey914
QUOTE(Rod @ Apr 4 2010, 12:58 PM) *

Just about to order, but is there a place I can see all the items you offer in one place? I can't see a link?? I'm in the UK and want to be sure I get everything in one go...

I'm in the member vendors section, and it you do a search of threads by me you can see how many of these items were developed.
ericread
Paypal Sent

My thanks

Eric Read
GaroldShaffer
I'm in for a set also please. Great job! aktion035.gif
VoPo914
Iam in for a set. Excellent work!

Blaine
SUNAB914
I'm in for a set.
damager
I would like a set also, Thanks!

Bryan
Larouex
How timely, mine just busted. I will take a set.

Larouex
nsr-jamie
Please put me down for one set for Jamie in Japan to go with the other things I have ordered from you, awesome!! Thank you !!!!!
ericread
Mikey;

I just received an email that my clips shipped today.

You the man!!! beerchug.gif

Eric
bobhasissues
Mikey,
Beautiful work, I'll take a set please.
Will send PM.
Bob
Mikey914
I haven't had a chance to get pictures as when I installed it was dark. Anyone got installed pictures?
BigDBass

Happy customer here! I just installed my new visor clips last night. Sat there in the garage for 10-15 minutes just swinging the visors up and down to enjoy them not falling on my lap!
ellisor3
Count me in as usual. Can you reproduce an entire body? pray.gif
914four
One set please.

Kelvin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.