Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friends Project-- Monday Finally Came!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
6 year project finished. Now a Daily driver.
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
Mary Shortridge
GORGEOUS!!!! Love the instrument cluster!
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
PeeGreen 914
That is wild. I love his custom work aktion035.gif
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
You can see the headlight openeing mechanism attached to the front trunk latch. that was the first shot at it and it works great but he is going to change it because it is a bit in the way. He is going to use a splitter back near the pull handle to make it much cleaner.

Also, the key sticking out of the front bumper opens the front hood.

The hood sstick is pretty trick too. It has a holder down on the wall between the trunk and the gas tank and when in the up position has a positive lock so that it will not get bumped or blown out of position, allowing the hood to fall.

bandjoey
Cool Campi Trunk Wrench. What's the post behind the clutch pedal?
This should be one light weight car. It just looks fast. What's in the engine compartment? biggrin.gif
Ferg
Under the hood??

LOVE the concept and execution!

Ferg
Dr Evil
WOW! Spartan is beautiful!

His clutch pedal needs a stop, I can see where it bottomed out and scratched the paint wink.gif
watsonrx13
Very nicely done... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
hwgunner
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 2 2010, 01:12 PM) *

Cool Campi Trunk Wrench. What's the post behind the clutch pedal?
This should be one light weight car. It just looks fast. What's in the engine compartment? biggrin.gif

Yes that is a Campi Trunk Wrenc. Engine is a rebuilt 2.0 with a rebuilt side shift. Every thing done to this car was done by Ron. Everything!! It weighs just under 1800lbs.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 2 2010, 01:33 PM) *

WOW! Spartan is beautiful!

His clutch pedal needs a stop, I can see where it bottomed out and scratched the paint wink.gif

Wrong, look close. It has a stop. you can see it in the pick of the clutch pedal pad thru the steering wheel. Gas has one too!

Dr Evil
There is still the scratch where the pedal hit poke.gif
McMark
Awesome! WCR?
hwgunner
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 2 2010, 02:31 PM) *

There is still the scratch where the pedal hit poke.gif

I see where you are talking about.
hwgunner
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 02:35 PM) *

Awesome! WCR?

probably not. he si busy busy and i do not think he is the wine and cheese type. On the other hand, He thanked me when i took the pictures because he was tired of people not understanding the amount of time and effort that went into the car.
flipb
Look fantastic. How much does it weigh? Dumb question, but is that what it looks like beneath the dash pad, or is that a custom piece,
hwgunner
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 2 2010, 02:47 PM) *

Look fantastic. How much does it weigh? Dumb question, but is that what it looks like beneath the dash pad, or is that a custom piece,

That is what it looks lie if you remove the outer dash frame. the only thing added was the welting,black line, across the butwelded joint. weighs just under 1800 lbs.
Root_Werks
Wow, what a cool concept turned real!

Nicely done, glad to read you are driving it to! driving.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice work... 6 years is fast too...
McMark
i do not think he is the wine and cheese type

Ummmm, it's beer and BBQ. tongue.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Apr 2 2010, 12:40 PM) *

nuther

That seat is sweet! What is that?
hwgunner
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 2 2010, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Apr 2 2010, 12:40 PM) *

nuther

That seat is sweet! What is that?

that is a stock seat shell that was gutted. Ron then made the sides out of Aluminum, added very small side bolsters out of cloth and then bolted in each of the cushins in the center. the one on the bottom front of the seat is actuall hanging over the front of the original shell and is bolted to a piece of sprign steel that is bolted to the seat bottom. that way it has a little flex and give. the side biolsters give a little grip when in the corners.
hwgunner
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 04:23 PM) *

i do not think he is the wine and cheese type

Ummmm, it's beer and BBQ. tongue.gif

I know but i still don't think he is into that kind of thing. i will send him a link to this thread and i will tell him about WCR. We will see.
hwgunner
Stock 2.0 rebuilt engine.
Elliot Cannon
Is this a central coast guy? Do I know him? Whoever, he did a fantastic job. Very nicely done. I would surely like to see the car at one or more of our events.
Cheers, Elliot
computers4kids
1800lbs! Very Unique. I bet that car screams with that weight to HP ratio.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 2 2010, 04:49 PM) *

Is this a central coast guy? Do I know him? Whoever, he did a fantastic job. Very nicely done. I would surely like to see the car at one or more of our events.
Cheers, Elliot

works in SLO. He made some parts for Dave and now makes them for me. i will see what i can do to get him to go to an event or 2

jonathan
hwgunner
hwgunner
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 2 2010, 04:52 PM) *

1800lbs! Very Unique. I bet that car screams with that weight to HP ratio.

Very quick. Can't see it in the pictures but runs on 16x7 and 16x8 fuchs. Not sure of the tire size.

Tom
That is very nice!
Tom
markb
He did a great job! I can't wait to see it in person. smile.gif
Lou W
Very Nice beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
I wub.gif the seat! drooley.gif Clean look! drooley.gif
veltror
Very nice, nice clean look....
BIGKAT_83
VERY NICE....
Would love to see this in person. I suspect you could look at this for hours and still find things. I really like the out of the box thinking that was done on this.

The door openers and window lifts look great. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Bob
Jacob
Looks great! Love the entire car! That front bumper looks great! any shots of where the bumper meets the front fender?
I see the plug holes in the front are welded shut. What are those things there for anyhow?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.