Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tulock/ceres 914 sighting wednesday... anyone here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
saw a pheonix red(?) 914 northbound 99 coming from turlock. turned off the mitchell exit in ceres.
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Off subject Mike (& Kenny), but I was going to PM you anyway about my early-73 2L's doors.

Yesterday I took off inner seals to check for rust - both holed along the bottom! barf.gif hissyfit.gif ... at least the friggin Longs were still good! smile.gif

However, I peeked behind the inner panes (still on until I can pull the windows later after stripping the interior ofr strip/blast & repaint/repair) - & they're apparently a "new"3rd door type: "Light Late" & it's still OE from the 8/72 build date - late window regulator/etc. & late inner frame - but with no late side-impact bar welded in there!! WTF.gif

I know exactly what & where to look for them in there, cuz the 74 shell has them as expected, but only it's pass is clean no rust for a transplant, & the driver door has some rust but may need to fid a clean late L door.

So I guess my early 73 2L with "Light Late Doors" will gain the 110 pounds (each or total I don't recall) with a door transplant, cuz I'll never find a clean set of these oddball Late Lights anywhere! dry.gif

Another oddity for your First 1000 series, at which I'll post pix when the interior panels come off later. BTW mine is VIN ...01954 on there.
popcorn[1].gif
orange914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 3 2010, 10:02 AM) *

However, I peeked behind the inner panes they're apparently a "new"3rd door type: "Light Late" & it's still OE from the 8/72 build date - late window regulator/etc. & late inner frame - but with no late side-impact bar welded in there!! WTF.gif

So I guess my early 73 2L with "Light Late Doors" will gain the 110 pounds (each or total I don't recall)

Another oddity for your First 1000 series, at which I'll post pix when the interior panels come off later. BTW mine is VIN ...01954 on there.
popcorn[1].gif

yes those are the best of both worlds, smile.gif i've heard mention of them but they must be very limited.

i think it's 110 lbs for the set. thats a considerable amount of weight. can you save your originals?

mines real early - #00157 it's got early style windows w/no saftey brace/boat anchors happy11.gif

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.