Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with my GTS seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
So started to install my seats - raining so not breaking in the motor...

mounted the first seat rail and the adjuster handle hits the front of the seat and so won't sit flat in the rail and I stopped.

Not going to mess anything up.

Someone must have solution for this already. pictures are in cyber space between phone and this laptop will add once they get here.

Here is the seat...
qa1142
pictures of the issue WTF.gif
Vysoc
Drill out the rivots on that one and order the unbreakable upgraded seat adjustment handles and bend them down and install?
I had to come up with lots of changes to get my Momo seat to adapt to the rails.

Vysoc
jim_hoyland
I reversed mine; mount them upside down. Not original but works. It would be nice to a better handle made for the GTS Seats. As you can see from the pic, they are not noticable
ConeDodger
Those will never work in your car. Sorry... PM me and I will send you my address so you can ship them to me... biggrin.gif
nsr-jamie
Excellent seats !! I have been looking to get the same ones. I hope you get them installed soon and post lots of pictures of them and your interior. What material did you go with? I am planning on leather with the cord inserts....may I ask who you bought them from?
Steve
I also purchased the GTS Lemans seat. Very nice seat, but I also did the same thing as Jim. I had to turn the handle up side down. I also had problems with the holes not lining up exactly on the rails. I ended up pulling the rails out of the car, putting everything on the bench and elongating the holes until I got a good fit and everything slided nicely before putting it back in the car. I also replaced the cheasy plastic handle with a nice metal aftermarket one.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Apr 3 2010, 08:07 AM) *

Excellent seats !! I have been looking to get the same ones. I hope you get them installed soon and post lots of pictures of them and your interior. What material did you go with? I am planning on leather with the cord inserts....may I ask who you bought them from?

We all should be getting them through Camp914, Craig is a Member Vendor here. Just search that screen name or google Camp914 and you will find his site...
EdwardBlume
I had the Renegade Hybrid seat with bolsters, but the GTS seats are much better...
Tom
Have to agree with Rob. Craig at Camp 914 is a stand-up guy and supports us 914 ers very well. If you haven't seen his web site, you should check it out. Camp 914.com
Tom
qa1142
Re-drilled the handles with second hole and moved then out 1/2"

Worked fine

Seats are in GTS wub.gif

Carpet is in (914 Appearance and Performance) wub.gif

2.0L is built and in (Thanks 914LTD thanks Brad) smilie_pokal.gif

What's left? Seal the new paint from last fall, re-mount the fire extinguisher I pulled to put in carpet. replace the 5 year old tires - think I settled on Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - finally new brake pads/power flush. and run in this motor

Now just need sunny weather in Chicago driving.gif

Porcharu
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 3 2010, 06:09 AM) *

I reversed mine; mount them upside down. Not original but works. It would be nice to a better handle made for the GTS Seats. As you can see from the pic, they are not noticable

Hi Jim - That interior is SWEET, might make me go tan on mine. Black in 110 degrees kind of sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.