Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone into slot cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slow914
From Craigslist
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/tag/1666262454.html

Hello,

I am a slot car enthusiast, I make my own resin cast and vac formed bodies for 1/43 scale cars. I also make a couple of vac formed 1/24 scale bodies. You can check them all out at my website. www.scaleautoauctionsplus.com

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
TROJANMAN
Are you the one selling those?
slow914
sorry should have specified, no sir
Dirty Evo
wow, very cool. I can't say I am into slot cars, but I always love to check them out. used to be a hobby shop near hear that had amazing slot cars....

yours look pretty cool!
Porcharu
One of the guys on one of the several forums I am on (I think it is this one or a DIY audio site) had the largest private slotcar track in the US. It filled the outer walls of a 5 or 6 car garage and had over a half (not scale) mile of track!
orange914
ha, i didn't think anyone but me had those anymore! very nice. wanna sell your 914?

funny story... in the early 70's i used up hundreds of hours as a kid on a aroura track my dad set up on a 4x8. built up motors then moved onto to the magnatraction etc. as they improved. moved out in 78' and found out the setup was sold. years later, after my folks had moved 1 hr. away, their NEW neighbor turned out to be their OLD neighbor who had bought the track years ago. i bought (most) of it back. i had also been buying up misc. at garage sales/flee markets in the 80's. i've got 3 or 4 boxes full of just about everthing. we haven't really put up a real good permanent track, but have made use of it through the years occasionaly at christmas around the tree.

any interest in the whole bunch? i may be interested in trading/selling

mike
slow914
Sorry, thought I specified I have no relation to this sale. Was getting rid of my old slot car stuff and checking craigslist for comparable stuff when I ran across this guy selling custom 914 slot cars thought some of the memorabilia obsessed 914 guys might want to contact the seller.
Gustl
generally I'm in Porsche 914 scale models - and so I have some cool slot cars too ... smile.gif

1/24 WhitePoint, 1/24 Völkl (unbuilt kits), 1/24 + 1/32 Carrera, 1/32 Riggen, 1/32 ProtoSlot, 1/32 Evolution, 1/60 TycoPro

URY914
I spent hours with my HO set. driving.gif I had one car set up so I could hold the controler down and it won't spin out. Than I had another one that I would chase it down with. I got so good none of the other kids wanted to race me. sad.gif

So I saved my money and bought a 914 biggrin.gif
rjames
As a kid I had an AFX slot car set and enough track to do 4 lanes completely covering a ping pong table with two levels (overpasses, etc). I also had close to 40 cars and parts. I so wish I still had that stuff.
Too pricey for me to get back into it at this point in time.
orange914
QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 4 2010, 08:56 AM) *

As a kid I had an AFX slot car set and enough track to do 4 lanes completely covering a ping pong table with two levels (overpasses, etc). I also had close to 40 cars and parts. I so wish I still had that stuff.

i'll check with the family but i'm thinking to move these boxes out. i'll make you a screaming deal with more track, cars, parts ect... than you'll ever use

mike
rjames
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 4 2010, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 4 2010, 08:56 AM) *

i'll check with the family but i'm thinking to move these boxes out. i'll make you a screaming deal with more track, cars, parts ect... than you'll ever use

mike

Definitely interested. Leep me posted! smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.