Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-914 V8 For Sale - $13,000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914icon
My 1970 914 V8. I truly love this car, but I have way too many cars and I need to trim down the fleet. I am offering this wonderfully built 914 V8 for $13,000 firm. This is not a fire sale. I want this to go to a good 914 home. These are the details of the build. I have added a few things to the car from Brad Mayeur's original build. Read Carefully. The engine is a 283 bored .060 to 292 ci, Aluminum Air Flow Research heads, Edelbrock intake and NEW! Edlebrock Thunder series 650 carb with a Morrosso filter. I replaced the Holley but I still have it and it will go with the car. The engine is set up to Rod Simpson specs with 10.25 to 1 compression and Rod Simpson cam. MSD 6AL ignition and MSD small diameter distributor. Rod says this is a 325 HP engine, I haven't a clue but it is VERY STRONG! The trans-axle is a 914 side-shifter with the "tall" H gear in 5th and a billet intermediate plate. The 914 trans holds up to the short stroke motor exceptionally well and shifts better than any 915 or 930 transaxle conversion. Kennedy 228mm clutch. The conversion parts include a Renegade radiator and parts from Simpson, Desert Hybrids and Renegade Hybrids. Brad built this car to drive like a stock 914 with the power and sound of the high winding, short stroke Chevrolet V8. These engines are cheap to build, powerful, plentiful and nearly indestructible. The installation was done with the plan this car could be returned to stock with the minimum of effort. The chassis is the lightweight early car S/N 4702900899 and is very solid. I installed a rear 1/2 floor pan due to rust around the seat hinges. The longitudinal are untouched and excellent. The battery tray had rust on the top plate and was removed to install the battery in the front trunk. No evidence of previous crash damage. Brad added lateral frame supports for me as well as a heater. The paint is good, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, interior at 9 with no dash cracks. 19mm Weltmeister front sway, Bilstein rear shocks with new springs, real Minilite 6.5X15 wheels and Yokohama stickies. Brakes are stock, properly rebuilt and do a great job of hauling this car down. As you can see this is a very stock appearing car and it is a joy to drive. $13,000. [u]Built by Brad Mayeur, 914 Limited inc. Peoria, IL. 309-694-1797

Please email me at x3speed@aol.com if you are interested. The car is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, Il

Here's the link to Brad original post. The car looks the same, but I can send you pics from my garage if you like

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
I had to remove your link. It wasn't a link to Brad's original post but rather a broken link that resulted in the user being presented with a new classified thread posting form.

Good luck with the sale.
914icon
Thanks so much! aktion035.gif
914icon
Feel free to email with questions guys!
6freak
NICE CAR! ..GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE
914icon
Thanks !
914icon
bump
914icon
I'm a reasonable guy, make an offer!
914icon
Bump for the weekend
914icon
Price Drop 13,000
Willing to sell my Black on Black 1987 944 turbo with it for $18000 total
Here's the link to the original post I purchased it from.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/carsales/944/388048/index.php
914icon
Guys I can send video of the car or talk at length if need be. Feel free to email or call @630-207-0157
-Dave Ashton
914icon
Had a few calls. Happy to send videos out if you guys are curious.
914icon
QUOTE(914icon @ Apr 19 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Had a few calls. Happy to send videos out if you guys are curious.

Bump
914icon
Bump
914icon
bump
914icon
Weekend bump, feel free to call with questions guys.
914icon
ttt
914icon
Ttt
914icon
Pending
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.