Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flared metal rockers who's done it ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I want to attempt to flare my metal OEM rockers to match my metal flares. Any tips from anyone that has done it ? I'm not a master fabricator but I got the flares on and looking good so there is potential biggrin.gif . I'm thinking bolt the rockers in place and make paper/cardboard templates of the flares. Transfer that to thin metal and cut out the shape. Keep working until the top and bottom piece can be tack welded into place. Then the " face " piece of metal can be cut to shape and tacked. The face piece would be long so it can be bent to form the wheelwell side of the flare. Is this a good approach ? Any tips appreciated. Happy Easter beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
I'm no metal fabricator either. I'm lucky, my car has metal flaired rockers already. They are a factory peice or a really good re-pop.

Click to view attachment
my928s4
Some info on this thread

Metal GT Flares
rfuerst911sc
That gives me some ideas thanks.
carr914
Rick, On this car, I used original Metal rockers and then bonded flared F/G ends.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 5 2010, 07:14 AM) *

Rick, On this car, I used original Metal rockers and then bonded flared F/G ends.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

TC that has crossed my mind but I need to find donor rockers. We'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.