Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 Wheel Alignment in SanJose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hydroliftin
My 914 has been too low since I bought it 3 years ago. I was preparing to take it on a rally with a bunch of other guys with 1975 and older cars to Death Valley. We were to cover over 1,500 miles in three days, and some of those roads were partially unpaved.

Custom Alignment in Mountain View has a great reputation, but I didn't like the cost I was looking at to take it there. In addition to a four wheel alignment I needed new rear shocks and ride height raised on both front and rear (using the spring perches on stock Bilstein shocks in the rear).

I talked to a young guy near my house in San Jose, Vicotor Figueroa of DVS Kustoms at 1124 Old Bayshore Hwy, San Jose. I knew what I wanted in alignment specks and he was willing to do the work to raise the car and set front and rear toe, front and rear camber and front caster for $275 (I provided the shocks). He put in a lot of hours getting the settings right, and the result is a car that handles great steers straight down the highway, and has clearance to go over some pretty bad roads.

Victor's shop has the latest Hunter Hawkeye four-wheel alignment equipment. I would recomend him to anyone in the area who knows what they want in alignment setup and maybe want to save a little over what Custom Alignment would set you back.
tradisrad
Had my last alignment done at FIve Point Tires in Redwood city. $150 or so and a good job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.