Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914World LimoDay @ Original Customs in Sonoma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Once again, we are taking the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion on the road for May... This time, we are going to Original Customs in Sonoma, CA to be wrench wenches on the World famous (at least 914World) limo project. Bring your skills and an appetite for some BBQ. Even if you don't have skills you can learn and be a small rodent with great utility at these events called a 'gopher' LOL!!!

So come one, come all! Let's get this limo going...

Saturday May 1st - 2010 9:14am until our eyes start bleeding!
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 4 2010, 10:34 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Oh good! Andy's on board. I guess I should have asked him before inviting the World to gang rape the Limo!!! biggrin.gif

Maybe we can get some of those out of town boys with supreme skillz to fly in... shades.gif
EdwardBlume
WTF.gif Just another weekend I can't make it... but I can represent in parts...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 10:47 AM) *

Send your wife Rob poke.gif av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 11:47 AM) *

but I can represent in parts...

Will them parts fit in the trunk of a Jetta? idea.gif

We need to figure out how to get them to Sonoma.
bye1.gif Andy
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Yeah, if I sent Cheryl you'd get your nails done instead of working on the Limo.. something you want to share?

Actually, she's the reason I'll be absent... we'll be celebrating 12 years of her mental illness and poor choices.... grouphug.gif

BTW - I'm fully hoping to put that Limo and JimTab to good use for a re-up.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 4 2010, 10:53 AM) *

Will them parts fit in the trunk of a Jetta? idea.gif

We need to figure out how to get them to Sonoma.
bye1.gif Andy

Yes. And more, you need to go through my stash if you can...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Yeah, if I sent Cheryl you'd get your nails done instead of working on the Limo.. something you want to share?

Actually, she's the reason I'll be absent... we'll be celebrating 12 years of her mental illness and poor choices.... grouphug.gif

BTW - I'm fully hoping to put that Limo and JimTab to good use for a re-up.

Oh! So you think Cheryl would make the same mistake twice? poke.gif biggrin.gif Ok, you're excused. Congratulations. My nails can wait. But can I wear those red pumps of hers? You know the ones I am talking about right??? lol-2.gif
Mike Bellis
Rob & Andy,

If you guys figure out what you need, I can haul them up there. I live close to Rob. Do I need to bring my truck?

BTW, Rob thanks for the dash controls. They work great!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 4 2010, 11:28 AM) *

Rob & Andy,

If you guys figure out what you need, I can haul them up there. I live close to Rob. Do I need to bring my truck?

BTW, Rob thanks for the dash controls. They work great!

So... Does that mean you're in Mike? We could use someone who can splice two harnesses together... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 4 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Rob & Andy,

That would be great! smilie_pokal.gif

I'll take anything Rob can throw at me. The list of parts needed is at least as looooong as the Limo.

biggrin.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 12:32 PM) *

We could use someone who can splice two harnesses together... biggrin.gif

agree.gif
Mike Bellis
I guess I volunteered myself without thinking... Yep, I'm in! How much wiring do we need? Should I now bring my utility truck?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 4 2010, 11:40 AM) *

I guess I volunteered myself without thinking... Yep, I'm in! How much wiring do we need? Should I now bring my utility truck?

Should be just taking two harnesses and splicing them. The engine room harness is ok because the alternator harness and engine room harness just live in the engine room. It is what comes to the relay box and what goes to the rear lights and license plate lights that need to be spliced in.

We also need to set up the brakes. Plumbed to all four corners and bled and plumb fuel to and from the tank. Just over four feet of extension to both systems...

Now for our first 914 Limo joke! Besides four seats, what is the difference between a 914 Limo and a regular 914?
McMark
Yup, we've got two harnesses. We'll cut each wire, find its mate in the other harness, and then connect the two.

Guess I need to order a bunch of splice connectors and heat shrink.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 12:54 PM) *

Yup, we've got two harnesses. We'll cut each wire, find its mate in the other harness, and then connect the two.

Guess I need to order a bunch of splice connectors and heat shrink.

Just get some extra shrink tube. I'll solder the joint.

BTW, I have some 10mm hard brake lines and fittings. Bend to fit. You need it?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 12:46 PM) *

Now for our first 914 Limo joke! Besides four seats, what is the difference between a 914 Limo and a regular 914?

The limo holds 4 people that can push it?
McMark
Got the brake line. Just need to cut 6" off and reflare the end.
SirAndy
We'll need a set of OEM rubber brakelines ...

idea.gif Andy
bfrymire

Should be just taking two harnesses and splicing them. The engine room harness is ok because the alternator harness and engine room harness just live in the engine room. It is what comes to the relay box and what goes to the rear lights and license plate lights that need to be spliced in.

We also need to set up the brakes. Plumbed to all four corners and bled and plumb fuel to and from the tank. Just over four feet of extension to both systems...

Two more jackstands???

biosurfer1
I'm in too. I have a truck also and can parts haul whatever...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Apr 4 2010, 02:15 PM) *

Two more jackstands???

You are correct sir! Like most 914's - it doesn't run. It requires two extra jackstands! Ding ding ding ding ding!!!
shoguneagle
I wish I was in California at this time. Projects such as this one is one of the main reasons I joined the 914 group. These events are a lot of fun and hope available people can go to the project location and help. I have done a couple of these type projects with the 914 group and several with the Alfa group. Lots of fun and you get to know club people.

Have fun and enjoy the build. will follow with great interest. Hope to see the project in June when I will be in the Northern California area for a few days before heading to Kansas and Texas.

Steve Hurt
EdwardBlume
I give Andy and Mark a lot of credit for stepping up and taking action.. sawzall-smiley.gif + welder.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

You Sacramento guys don't have to worry. I will stop and pick up donuts on the way down. chowtime.gif

Let's get this thing running!!!
strawman
I'm in.
Chris Pincetich
Sounds fun beerchug.gif
I would likely bring my 914 and it's interior projects, plus extra parts. Last time I was there at OC was to help my own project, with limo help on the side. This time, priorities reversed. biggrin.gif

McMark, let me know if you have NOT received my box with your tools. Thanks again beerchug.gif
McMark
Chris, I got it! Thanks!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

This will be fun! Now that the bodies are one and the rust is rustored, all we have to do is bolt it together! Hook things up, bleed some brakes, plumb some fuel, put in an engine. Not sure Mark and Andy have an engine yet so don't park your 914 too close! blink.gif Who else is in???
Dave_Darling
I'm going to try to make it...

--DD
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

WTF.gif I don't care what YOU call it and it isn't your business anyway! The guys who OWN it call it a limo. I am going to Original Customs 914World LimoDay to help get this fun little gem roadworthy! See you there? biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

So, Mark and Andy, Me and Brett, Geoff and Mike, Dave and ??? Who else is coming up for the Limo Day at Original Customs? Sound off! sawzall-smiley.gif

Let's be part of making something out of nothing!
McMark
Whoa, whoa, whoa... why the pairing up? confused24.gif

What did I sign up for.... smlove2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 8 2010, 09:54 AM) *

Whoa, whoa, whoa... why the pairing up? confused24.gif

What did I sign up for.... smlove2.gif

agree.gif icon8.gif idea.gif w00t.gif
ConeDodger
Ok, sorry guys... I did not mean to imply any romantic connections. Although, you and Andy do spend a lot of time together... idea.gif

ClayPerrine
grouphug.gif gayfight.gif

stirthepot.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 7 2010, 11:05 AM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif

Lime Rock, Rennsport I
Paul Newman, Brumos 914-6
Last lap, collided with a spun 911 in the esses.
headbang.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 8 2010, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 7 2010, 11:05 AM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif

Lime Rock, Rennsport I
Paul Newman, Brumos 914-6
Last lap, collided with a spun 911 in the esses.
headbang.gif

Damn... You're good Chris! pray.gif
al weidman
I think I can make it, I may need a ride, as you know it took me six hours to get home last time. Al. I was dark and I think I missed a couple of turns, ended up in Sausalito? driving.gif screwy.gif confused24.gif
ConeDodger

Ok! So Al will be there and all we have to do is make sure we point him North when it is time to go home biggrin.gif See you all soon at the Original Customs 914 Limo Day! I can almost taste the BBQ!
ConeDodger

We are getting quite a group together for the Original Customs 914 Limo Day... Will you be there? Put it on your calendar and see if it fits! We need to get this thing mobile for the trip to Tahoe...
ConeDodger

So if Mark and Andy keep cranking away on weekends, we should just be doing final assembly at the 914World Limo Day at Original Customs. We could use your help! Talent runs deep at 914World. We just need you to come out and help.
ConeDodger
Just under 3 weeks until the 914World Limo Day at Original Customs! Will we see you there?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 11 2010, 07:11 AM) *

So if Mark and Andy keep cranking away on weekends, we should just be doing final assembly at the 914World Limo Day at Original Customs.

av-943.gif

Nice try, but i don't think we'll be finishing the Limo that weekend.

Hopefully, we'll get a lot of work done though. There's still lots of stuff to do.
piratenanner.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 12 2010, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 11 2010, 07:11 AM) *

So if Mark and Andy keep cranking away on weekends, we should just be doing final assembly at the 914World Limo Day at Original Customs.

av-943.gif

Nice try, but i don't think we'll be finishing the Limo that weekend.

Hopefully, we'll get a lot of work done though. There's still lots of stuff to do.
piratenanner.gif Andy

Shhh! Quit disrupting the fantasy I am trying to create with all that reality crap! cheer.gif lol-2.gif
Chris Pincetich
Any leads on an engine yet??
Maybe McMark can gather parts and we can try to put one together at the BBQ?
I can bring 90% of a tailshift transaxle to donate, parts in a box biggrin.gif
Does McMark have a paint booth yet? Maybe we could get that together and shoot doors, lids and bits?
idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif
Or, I will eat and drink and help w whatevers beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Apr 12 2010, 01:07 PM) *

Any leads on an engine yet??

We do. But it's still super top secret so we can't talk about it right now. ninja.gif

shades.gif Andy
computers4kids
What about putting a automatic in that bad boy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 12 2010, 05:02 PM) *

What about putting a automatic in that bad boy.

If there was anything around that was an easy fit, i'd be all over it ...

popcorn[1].gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.