Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: e-brake combo gauge wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dem
I have a '73 914 converted to a 914-6, that previously had a 911 combo gauge (pressure/temp)

I'm cabling up a super cool Mark-quad-gauge, but am puzzled by the e-brake lamp. It has a lot more wires going into it than the other lamps.

Anyone know what they are? One of the brown/white is the ebrake. Also the power lead is black/white/green, while the others are the normal red/white switched. If I was better at reading schematics I'm sure it would make perfect sense.

My inclination is to just plug it in, but I thought I'd ask first. There's enough electrical weirdness with this car I'd rather understand things (radio powered off the clock, for example, is probably not correct!)

Thanks.
Dennis

IPB Image
McMark
The ebrake light also functions as the brake master cylinder failure warning light. So if you see that flashing red light, either your e-brake is on, or your master cylinder has failed. So you have a +12v supply wire (which is your black/white/green), you have your brown/white w/ diode which goes to your parking brake (and safety belt warning light), and you have your brown/white which goes to your master cylinder.

So that all looks right, from what I can see.
shoguneagle
WHAT TIMING!!!! I am in the process of wiring 911 guages into my 914-6 and came across this thread. I had one extra wire (black/white/green) and could not find where it went. Prior I had changed my 1974 to a 1973 wiring harness. I saw this thread and the picture - everything came together.

The light socket I used was only two prong whereas I needed a two prong with an additional electrical connector on the diode side; also, led to the solving of my problems with the m/c brake warning system and the emergency brake warning light system.

This is what I can a very good day - solving three problems with information someone made on a thread inquiry.

Greatly appreciated and thank you!
Steve Hurt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.