Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle area hell hole fixers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jones
Any suggestions from you Seattle guys what shop could take a long hard look and give me an estimate on my hell hole rust and the like?

I would love to buy a welder and learn but I am in an apartment and my garage is just big enough for tool chest, air compressor, car and me.
Thanks guys pray.gif
2-OH!
Can't recommend anyone, I did mine myself...It still looks like Hell, but at least it's not rusted anymore...

You can rent the welder at Bunce or United Rentals...but you got to pull the engine...

2-OH!
Bleyseng
Fordhal does it I think. They are not cheap but call them. In Remond under Fordahl Motorsports. They do have a web page.
I could do it but I have no time and Rich D is first in line for some welding help. He has been waiting 6 months.

That motor has to come out or else Mini me has to do it.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Motor doesnt have to come out. Just pull the tin.

I cant think of anyone up there that would take on the job.

I'd do it for you, but the shipping costs back and forth would end up running what a new welder would cost you.

B
Bleyseng
You are younger than me Brad. I can't lay across a motor and cut out the inner wheelhouse and do the long repairs. I have to squat in the engine bay to do it.

Geoff
boxstr
If you could bring the car down to Portland Oregon, Jim Nichols of German Metal Works would be my recommendation.
CCLINHOTRODSHELLHOLE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.