Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Conversion issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew5785
I'm almost done on converting my 1.7 4 cyl to the 2.0 6 cyl. Its not a show car, just looking to make a week end warrior. But I'm having trouble with buttoning up the last few lose ends. One is the wiring to the alt. Who ever owned my car before me cut almost everything. So I have the wires coming out of the alt with no where to go, and I'm not sure either ANY IDEAS?? Click to view attachment
Also, I stared up the car and the carbs started flooding, after taking them apart I found the foats had sunk. I ordered new ones from Pelican, But did someone make the old ones or are they supposed to look like this?Click to view attachment
Ericv1
QUOTE(drew5785 @ Apr 4 2010, 06:10 PM) *

I'm almost done on converting my 1.7 4 cyl to the 2.0 6 cyl. Its not a show car, just looking to make a week end warrior. But I'm having trouble with buttoning up the last few lose ends. One is the wiring to the alt. Who ever owned my car before me cut almost everything. So I have the wires coming out of the alt with no where to go, and I'm not sure either ANY IDEAS?? Click to view attachment
Also, I stared up the car and the carbs started flooding, after taking them apart I found the foats had sunk. I ordered new ones from Pelican, But did someone make the old ones or are they supposed to look like this?Click to view attachment

It looks like someone hit them with a hammer. Good thing you ordered new replacements. Did you get a float gauge to go with it?
jt914-6
The floats have been crushed for some reason. I would buy a rebuild kit and replace all paper gaskets, rubber O rings, and pump diaphrams. Adjust from scratch like they are new carbs. Use a float guage to adjust floats. Use a vial to adjust pump quantity. (.6-.8 cc per stroke)

On the wires coming from the alt. in the shroud:

Large red: connect to hot wire from battery/starter.

Brown: connect to D- on regulator/relay board.

Small red: connect to D+ on regulator/relay board and to Blue wire to alt. light in guage (idiot light)

Blue: connect to DF on regulator/relay board. This wire is green on the relay board diagram....This wire on my six harness from the alt. is black.

Click to view attachment
drew5785
QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Apr 4 2010, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(drew5785 @ Apr 4 2010, 06:10 PM) *

It looks like someone hit them with a hammer. Good thing you ordered new replacements. Did you get a float gauge to go with it?

Of course I forgot that. I'm going to just wing it. I measured one that was working to see what level it was at. I should be ok
drew5785
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 4 2010, 04:55 PM) *

The floats have been crushed for some reason. I would buy a rebuild kit and replace all paper gaskets, rubber O rings, and pump diaphrams. Adjust from scratch like they are new carbs. Use a float guage to adjust floats. Use a vial to adjust pump quanity. (.6-.8 cc per stroke)

On the wires coming from the alt. in the shroud:

Large red: connect to hot wire from battery/starter.

Brown: connect to D- on regulator/relay board.

Small red: connect to D+ on regulator/relay board and to Blue wire to alt. light in guage (idiot light)

Blue: connect to DF on regulator/relay board. This wire is green on the relay board diagram....This wire on my six harness from the alt. is black.

Click to view attachment

Thats a huge help. Thanks alot, I post pictures once I get this thing off the ground.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.