Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Finished My Taxes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I'll be lucky to squeeze out a front sway bar this year...
EdwardBlume
I hope others are having better returns...
biosurfer1
well while it is nice to get a sizable return, you technically did exactly what the pro's recommend
Krieger
Taxes will be going up too. We need to help all our brothers......with everything....so suck it up comrade.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Apr 4 2010, 07:15 PM) *

Taxes will be going up too. We need to help all our brothers......with everything....so suck it up comrade.

No kidding. When I grow up, I want to be a government employee with a fat pension...
Mike Bellis
I got back $400 from the State and owe $400 to the Feds. I would have broke even if I didn't have to pay the accountant.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 10:17 PM) *

No kidding. When I grow up, I want to be a government employee with a fat pension...

A Fat pension and a Phat salary!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 4 2010, 07:21 PM) *

I got back $400 from the State and owe $400 to the Feds. I would have broke even if I didn't have to pay the accountant.

Luckily you can outrun any IRS agents in your sweet 914-V8...
Lou W
Oh, it's gonna get worse. dry.gif
rick 918-S
That's the number one reason why I'm not attending more events this year. I guess I under paid by more than you can even imagine. dry.gif We will be giving all of the money we planned on putting back in the economy to who know who... I have to stop commenting now or this thread will be locked.
grantsfo
Taxes werent nearly as bad this year for me. Was able to defer lots and I didnt have nearly bonus I did year previous so taxable income was down.

However was just reading about Santa Cruz government workers all getting raises this past year in the midst of a huge economic crisis. Santa Cruz country manager makes $276,000 plus benefits! Sorry but thats crazy!

zymurgist
I was surprised to find that I owe the feds this year. Normally I get back about $300... I know, I know, but it's an incentive for me to get them done. So this year I have to pay... and my riding gear will have to wait until this bill is paid. Good thing the bike isn't road ready yet.
VaccaRabite
I got money from the Fed but owed PA. I like to try and get it to zero out, but I always err on the side of a return rather then owing.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 5 2010, 08:07 AM) *

I always err on the side of a return rather then owing.

agree.gif

H&R Block software told me that I owe because of the "Making Work Pay" law, which caused the IRS to reduce withholding. Well, I didn't see all that much extra per paycheck, and now I owe. So I grumble.
d914
I owe I owe Iowe, and back to work I go!! I dis-owned one kid kept the other and with some college stuff Im down to ONLY owing $4,500......I didnd want to finish my car anyway!!
flipb
Got my biggest refund ever this year. The Fed alone is more than I paid for my 914.

I know, it's my own stupidity for over-withholding... but my wife stopped earning last year due to medical issues and I forgot to ever lower my withholding to our new family income level. Now she's back at work, so it doesn't much matter.

And frankly, in 2009, giving the government a 0% interest loan wasn't a bad investment compared to some other options.
zymurgist
QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 5 2010, 08:30 AM) *

I owe I owe Iowe, and back to work I go!! I dis-owned one kid kept the other and with some college stuff Im down to ONLY owing $4,500......I didnd want to finish my car anyway!!

Wow, I guess I shouldn't bitch about paying $500.

But I'd still rather give it to the local cycle shop.
aircooledtechguy
I' m sit ti ng on my hand s typi ng with my nos e so i don' t get t his thre ad lock ed headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Root_Werks
Wound up pretty much zeroing out this year.

House value is way down of course, but taxes went way up. Go figure.

Washington state is pretty bad for taxes and Gov overhead. If I didn't like it enough, I'd move. So I won't bitch about a place I have choosen to live. biggrin.gif
Borderline
I knew a guy a while back who ran his own little business. He never filed tax returns. He said that he would pay the tax, all the gov had to do was send him the bill. If you think about it, where in the constitution is the requirement to keep records and do accounting, depreciation tables, long term capital gains short term capital gains, earned income yada yada yada..

I really resent the hassle of having to do all the work to file. Even if you pay to have someone do your taxes, you still have to look up all the info for them to do it.
effutuo101
Yep. I usually get back a decent return. I don't mind the 0% loan to the feds. The law they passed to give people more per check didn't clearly outline that about 53% of people would owe taxes this year (where in the past some would have recieved a refund) and 47% would get a sizable return or not pay.
So, 50% of the people are carring the load?
montoya 73 2.0
I always owe!

I want my money during the year instead of them putting my money in an account, drawing interest and then they make money off my money! Damn leaches!

I'm going to owe more from now on since both kids are over 18 and there both going to be living on there own. I have to find some deductions somewhere?
Andyrew
IRS took 8 weeks to tell me that I "didnt sent backup for my federal income taxes, Form W-2".

Seriously?? They are trying to claim I didnt include my W-2....WHY? Well i'll tell you why. I just bought my first house qualifying for the 8k tax credit. I went to file my taxes online and they stated that you CAN NOT FILE ONLINE W/ THE 8k Tax credit!! WHY??? Because they want to hold onto your money for as long as they can so THEY can gain interest, so they require you to file by mail. THEN they take an extra 4 weeks to come back making a bogus claim that no one can really make an argument because they "lost the form"... Now when they finally get my W-2 and process it, it'll be another 8 weeks or more. And there is no one that I can call and actually speak to because its the f'in government..

What a crock of shit.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 5 2010, 12:30 PM) *

IRS took 8 weeks to tell me that I "didnt sent backup for my federal income taxes, Form W-2".

Seriously?? They are trying to claim I didnt include my W-2....WHY? Well i'll tell you why. I just bought my first house qualifying for the 8k tax credit. I went to file my taxes online and they stated that you CAN NOT FILE ONLINE W/ THE 8k Tax credit!! WHY??? Because they want to hold onto your money for as long as they can so THEY can gain interest, so they require you to file by mail. THEN they take an extra 4 weeks to come back making a bogus claim that no one can really make an argument because they "lost the form"... Now when they finally get my W-2 and process it, it'll be another 8 weeks or more. And there is no one that I can call and actually speak to because its the f'in government..

What a crock of shit.

Can I get a amen?
Katmanken
Welcome to the new wider world of bureaucracy. You will be receiving more and more of this treatment in the future.

Be careful and don't complain too much. The new IRS agents are getting guns and training..... blink.gif
Porcharu
QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 5 2010, 04:30 AM) *

Unfortunately I got you beat - I owe 18K from last year and I paid a lot last year. That's going down to 'only' 10K now. I paid more in taxes than I made total 10 years ago - paycheck is still the pretty much the same. mad.gif Hearing that taxes are going UP is not making me want to work much anymore.
realred914
let see you can deduct medical expsnes but when your hurt or sick thus out of work, there is nothing to deduct from, they wont let you carry it over to the next yaer when your back making money again. bastards!

the home credit is nice, cept i bought too long ago. bastards

then gobvenment pensions are bank rupting us, bastards

non stop printingof money is depleting our savigns value, bastards!

the governmnet is full of bastards

but they had money to bail out the banks, insurince and union auto workers but no bail out for the tax payers. bastards!!!!
jhadler
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 07:17 PM) *

Wishful thinking there... Those days are gone... And yes, I'm a government employee...

-Josh2
grantsfo
Honestly I found far more exemptions avialable to me this year than I did last year.

If youre self employed and not fully funding a retirement account do yourselves a favor and file an extension and figure out what your taxes will be if you fund retirement savings 100% to legal contribution amount. Then only pay amount you would recognize as taxable income with the retirement money deducted this April. I do that almost every year.
Porcharu
QUOTE(jhadler @ Apr 5 2010, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 07:17 PM) *

Wishful thinking there... Those days are gone... And yes, I'm a government employee...

-Josh2

Yeah right - we have county employees making a BASE salary of $400,000 mad.gif I just saw the published list from last year and there were many regular employees (like doctors at the county hospital that is crying the blues about not having funding) that were over $300,000 base pay - pages of them!! The first page was all over $400,000 the top hit $600,000 - service my ass. Take a look the counties all have to disclose what they pay - it will piss you off. And no they are not worth it. No way no how.
flipb
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 5 2010, 08:52 PM) *

Yeah right - we have county employees making a BASE salary of $400,000 mad.gif I just saw the published list from last year and there were many regular employees (like doctors at the county hospital that is crying the blues about not having funding) that were over $300,000 base pay - pages of them!! The first page was all over $400,000 the top hit $600,000 - service my ass. Take a look the counties all have to disclose what they pay - it will piss you off. And no they are not worth it. No way no how.

And if you were going under the knife, you'd prefer to have a surgeon who could only land a $40,000 job?
realred914
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 5 2010, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 5 2010, 08:52 PM) *

And if you were going under the knife, you'd prefer to have a surgeon who could only land a $40,000 job?

no cheap surgen for me but seeing the county hospital gets the load of the illegals getting a free ride, $40,000 surgens are more than enough for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.