Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Porsche "Baby Boxster"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
From this month's Road and Track:

"While the smaller Porsche (reportedly named "New 356" internally) will share its mid-engine platform with the upcoming VW BlueSport turbodiesel and the Audi R4, the power source will not be a 2.0 liter turbocharged inline-4 from the VW/Audi parts bin as originally thought. Instead, the latest rumor is that Porsche is developing a horizontally opposed 4-cylinder, in keeping with the company's long-standing tradition of boxer-type engines. turbocharging will enable the New 356's engine to produce 250-300 bhp."

Dude, they may want to forget the 914, but mid-engined watercooled turbocharged boxer four banger with 250-300 bhp? THAT'S MY CAR!!!!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 4 2010, 07:25 PM) *

From this month's Road and Track:

"While the smaller Porsche (reportedly named "New 356" internally) will share its mid-engine platform with the upcoming VW BlueSport turbodiesel and the Audi R4, the power source will not be a 2.0 liter turbocharged inline-4 from the VW/Audi parts bin as originally thought. Instead, the latest rumor is that Porsche is developing a horizontally opposed 4-cylinder, in keeping with the company's long-standing tradition of boxer-type engines. turbocharging will enable the New 356's engine to produce 250-300 bhp."

Dude, they may want to forget the 914, but mid-engined watercooled turbocharged boxer four banger with 250-300 bhp? THAT'S MY CAR!!!!

You got that right brother...

Just one more reason not to buy a new Porsche...
RJMII
I think the R&T writers read the forum here and like to mess with us. =o)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.