Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heads....new casting replacements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedster Mike
bump
914Sixer
The only new head replacements I know of are the ones made by AMC from South Africa. Billet heads are available from Jake.
Jake Raby
What do you need to know about the castings?

We recently updated our head offerings and I added new graphs and descriptions of the
offerings for 2010. The descriptions of the AMC castings are also located in these pages.
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/index.p...7&Itemid=91
DBCooper
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 5 2010, 04:22 AM) *

The only new head replacements I know of are the ones made by AMC from South Africa. Billet heads are available from Jake.

Actually AMC is Spanish, not South African, and they're the same new castings used by HAM and sold by Jake. I first bought their heads for Japanese cars in the late 80's. And does Jake sell billet heads? Last I saw that was just a project with no completion date in sight.

And Jake, seriously, putting some third-rate local yahoo's bad porting job on your website and inferring that any head not bought from you risks those same problems probably sells lots of heads but it isn't ethical. There ARE other reputable head builders around.

What's being discussed here are DRD's heads. If you think DRD's head work is bad then say that. And back it up. In front of Darren. Don't be telling people that if they use any products that didn't come from you then their engine's going to blow up. That's not true and it's not right.

Jake Raby
Actually, this thread has zero mention of DRD in it's subject lines or text.
A similar thread is ongoing in this forum, you must be confused.

My mention of improper cylinder head work stemmed from pictures that were posted on this forum by multiple members on several occasions that had heads rebuilt and posted pics of them.. In those pics huge cracks in the chambers could be spotted that were not addressed at all by the rebuilder. Whats unethical is people sending that kind of work home with to a customer to use in their engine.

Mark Henry
There's two threads running on this, by the same poster...one (this one) should be locked IMHO
Speedster Mike
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 5 2010, 08:59 AM) *

There's two threads running on this, by the same poster...one (this one) should be locked IMHO

Sorry guys, did'nt mean to start another thread....I clicked on the wrong link...Lock this one out! Please go to the original thread to reply. Thanks, Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.