Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with air correction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I don't remember what I used to know about setting the air correction, and was not able to search for the info w/o bringing up a ton of threads.

One carb barrel is pulling about 6, while the other three are pulling 7 on my syncrometer. I think that this is a job for the Air Correction jets But I don't remember the theory on how they work. This imbalance is giving me a slight pop - not enough to keep me from driving, but enough to know that it is there.

Help?

Zach
Jake Raby
No, you need to adjust the air bypass screws to equalize the levels.
VaccaRabite
*meek* are air bypass and air correction the same knobs? I am talking about the small jets with the lock nut on them. Not the knobs with the springs. Out in the sun all day, and my brain is a little baked.

Zach
jmill
The needle valves (not really needles but they are pointy) with the locknuts are the Air Bypasses. The needles with the springs are your idle jets. Your AC jets are on top of the ET tubes.

Your adjusting the right one. Open the Air Bypass on the one low barrel to match the rest.
r_towle
agree.gif
McMark
The air bypass screws are on the outside next to the idle mixture screws, and affect idle air flow quantity. The air correction jets sit on top of my main jets are are 'inside' the carb, and they affect high RPM mixture.
Gint
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 5 2010, 03:00 PM) *
*meek* are air bypass and air correction the same knobs? I am talking about the small jets with the lock nut on them. Not the knobs with the springs. Out in the sun all day, and my brain is a little baked.
Yes. Different names for the same thing. Those are the ones you adjust and as already stated, adjust the throats with the lower readings to bring them up to the level of the highest. Then do the belly/head/rub while re-synching idle fuel and then re-checking air bypass and then idle fuel and ...... Have fun. I need to do mine too. Never did get them quite right the last time. But it... driving.gif burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.