Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There are good days...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stepuptotheMike
Today started out as a good day. Took the kids to see how to train your dragon in IMAX 3D. I love IMAX 3D. I think they could put a movie like Clueless up there and it would be awesome suddenly. So spent the day at the mall with the kids and came back to beautiful weather.

Lots of projects on the list for the teener that I just didn't have time to get to over the winter. Highest of which to pull the alternator (again) because the damn volt light on the dash won't go out and the battery wasn't charging. I had pulled it once to have the brushes and bearings replaced, but then it bombed again on me. So in procrastinating pulling the Alt again, the other night I cleaned the ground next to the relay board and replaced the battery to starter cable. Fired it the other night and still no joy on the alt. Crap, well I guess I'll have to pull it again and replace a diode.

Fast forward to this evening. Before I throw it up on stands to start pulling the thing out, I decide to give it a crank. Engine fires, ALL THE IDIOT LIGHTS GO OUT and she's purring like a kitten. piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif

So I ran her for a couple of minutes. Shut her down and walked out of the garage in disbelief. Grabbed the gas can and jumped in the truck to head up to the filling station. Couple gallons of premium later and I fire her up again. No lights and charging fine. Fuckin A.

Just got back from first drive in a quite a while. Totally awesome day. Now I can spend more time on other teener project items this week if I can pry myself away from driving it.... drooley.gif

Hope your day was as good as mine.

Mike
McMark
Um, Clueless is an awesome movie. wub.gif

I'm jealous of your driving 914. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.