Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Can you guys tell me of a good source for replacement carpeting. Someone who sells stuff that fits, is well made, and reasonable price. The carpet in my 74 appears to be "molded". It's got a plasticky backing to it. It is formed around where the handbrake lever bolts in and is recessed where you grab the handle to release it. I would like to find the same thing or something close, if it's around somewhere. Thanks.
Tom_T
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Apr 5 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Can you guys tell me of a good source for replacement carpeting. Someone who sells stuff that fits, is well made, and reasonable price. The carpet in my 74 appears to be "molded". It's got a plasticky backing to it. It is formed around where the handbrake lever bolts in and is recessed where you grab the handle to release it. I would like to find the same thing or something close, if it's around somewhere. Thanks.

Post pix of your color - if black or you don't mind a non-exect-to-original carpet, then AA & Appearance & Performance (morph on here) both member vendors & Sierra Madre Colection (maybe) carry full carpet sets.

The factory carpets used the plastic backing for molding to shape as well as to keep wet stuff from leaking thru to the floor pans. Yours sounds original.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
r_towle
World Upholstry
Autos International.

Rich
markb
Appearance & Performance (morph on here)
computers4kids
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 5 2010, 08:10 PM) *

agree.gif James & Heidi are the best!
zx-niner
Yep, lots of pictures of our cars with their carpet in it. Available in several colors and a couple of textures.

Click to view attachment
Rand
914ap.com

Yes, that's Morph and the other recommendations.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 5 2010, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Apr 5 2010, 08:10 PM) *

agree.gif James & Heidi are the best!

Ditto agree.gif

I ordered the carpet set and it arrived yesterday. I haven't installed it yet but it looks good
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Apr 5 2010, 07:26 PM) *

factory set: expensive and in short supply but some vendors still have it
German loop: exact same as 74.5-76 looks great not molded
Domestic loop: almost matches 70-74 loop not molded looks very very nice
Black plush: not original, not molded nice fit
Cheap loop out there on e bay: CRAP with a big C
Perlon felt: not original cheap and out there on e bay make from speaker covering fabric YUCK!

EdwardBlume
Does anyone have picts of the black plush??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 6 2010, 09:15 AM) *

Does anyone have picts of the black plush??

Hard to see because it is so dark but it is here on the shelf.
Ferg
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 5 2010, 07:10 PM) *

agree.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 6 2010, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Apr 5 2010, 07:10 PM) *

agree.gif

James and Heidi are the real deal agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.