Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Checking In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
Been using the 914 more than my "driver"...it's running that well. In fact, I've stopped working on her and just pretty much driving her, and loving her more and more every time I get behind the wheel. Still have a "to do" list, but so does everybody in here, right?

Need to replace the front wheel bearings some time and one of the tie rod ends where the boot is trashed. Have some clunks in the front end on rough surfaces, so need to inspect that before she leave s me stranded somewhere. After doing my rookie rebuilding of the Webers, I'm still amazed how well she runs. Sure one of the aces in here could tune the carbs better but she seems fine to me. I need to apply more pedal than I think I should (just a little really) to get her accelerating, especially in first. Feels like she needs to be "kicked" through something or other, but gotten used to that just being the way she is.

Hope you're all doing well. Well...most of you! lol-2.gif
tat2dphreak
the "needing to be kicked" is probably a gap in the jetting confused24.gif maybe? I'm guessing a little...

I get the clunks sometimes too, esp where the concrete kinda drops off from a bad expansion joint or something... huh.gif I have new tie rodas, ball joints and shocks, so I didn't think much of it confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
I get clunks, but thats just my spine from the KYBs in the rear end. Over nearly any surface. smile.gif

Zach
r_towle
First gear is only good till about 14 mph....short shift and step on the gas.
Enjoy the weather...good to see you kept with the car.

Rich
kenshapiro2002
If any of you guys are ever near Baltimore, I'd love to have somebody who has driven a few 914s and knows their characteristics, to drive mine and give me an assessment. I had one about 15 years ago, but would love some impressions as to her handling, performance,etc.
r_towle
Drive up the Hershey and you will get all sorts of opinions...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.