Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: targa seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigvag
I've seen a diy targa seal somewhere, I just cant seem to find the link now. Any help.
zx-niner
See Mikey914 in the Vendor Forum. He has the main targa seal (and others) you might be remembering.
bigvag
I found his site, but I thought there was a diy tech page for the targa seal.
VaccaRabite
You are thinking of the REAR targa seal, made of garage door weather strip.

There has never been a front targa seal done DIY. It is a complex design and has at least 2 joins in it.

Zach
zx-niner
I thought Mikey had a "How to" on installing his main targa seal. Did I remember incorrectly? Sheesh. Now I'm doing that here, too.
914_teener
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Apr 6 2010, 06:28 PM) *

I thought Mikey had a "How to" on installing his main targa seal. Did I remember incorrectly? Sheesh. Now I'm doing that here, too.

For what (Mark) Mikey can seal you the seal for ....DIY is not worth it. I bought one and took 10 mins to install. Your time at Home Depot isn't worth it.

Mikey914
For the main targa seal I did sell the top extrusion only at one point. It was the first step to creating the whole thing. As far as Home Depot for this type of seal, I've never seen anything even close. If I had I would not have made it. I may have enough of the top I could sell you a strip, but I need to complete my next batch of main seals before I can cut any loose. I'd hate to not be able to assemble a seal because I was short the top section. If you want to check back with me in about 10 days I'll know if I can cut one loose.

-Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.