Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HERSHEY caravan thread ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
AARRRRrrr Hershey be coming up fast, me thinks it be time to get our caravanings planned. Donald ( hotshoe ) is coming through Richmond to drop his car off at my shop and he and I will be leaving from there. So do we want to try and get a caravan started and meet up with other groups on the way. Ever increasing our evil empire of Porsche dominance and irritation ????? Got new shocks on the 944, dropped the front, and will be putting in a new clutch this weekend if all goes as planned. biggrin.gif driving.gif
r_towle
You promised to bring me a red ferrari....whats up with that???

I know that it will suck but try and keep track of how long it really takes to do the clutch...I dont need pictures, just curious how long it really takes...

Rich
eimc
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 6 2010, 05:23 PM) *

You promised to bring me a red ferrari....whats up with that???

I know that it will suck but try and keep track of how long it really takes to do the clutch...I dont need pictures, just curious how long it really takes...

Rich

If you have never done a 944 clutch it will take all day if it goes smooth. problem areas are the flywheel sensor rotted in adjustable holder - bottom starter ear sometimes breakes off - pulling throw out bearing pivot shaft frozen in bell housing etc I done these for years Any questions or tips call me at my shop 717 238-1810 Paul
r_towle
That is why I want to know how long Scotty takes to do it...we are amateurs...one clutch per car/lifetime..

I figure its a weekend.

Rich
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 6 2010, 05:41 PM) *

That is why I want to know how long Scotty takes to do it...we are amateurs...one clutch per car/lifetime..

I figure its a weekend.

Rich

I done 2 both on the ground by myself........not fun. Took me a weekend that way.My buddy that is going to help me has done 4-5. We will be doing it at his shop on the lift. I expect we will have it done in a day. I just rememberd I have a set of larger sway bars to put on while it's in the air shades.gif
r_towle
Where do you get the rubber body bushings for the turbo front sway bar?
Cant find them....

Rich
zymurgist
I'll probably see y'all there. Having a 15 year old dog who runs on her own schedule makes it nearly impossible to say I will be at a specific point in space at a specific point in time.

Need a coil wire for the 911...
VaccaRabite
Took my 914 to work today to make sure I had some miles on it with the new carbs to see if it needed more tuning. I don't think that it does.

Now my goal is just to have a nice enough weekend day where I can spot paint and sand and buff all the damn dings that the car got in storage over the winter. Then get it washed and a coat of wax on it.

My plan is to drive up to Mikes place friday. Depending on when the caravan is, I might take part with it, at least for the shortish PA side of the ride.
type47
Your route from Richmond will probably take you on Rt 95 from Washington thru Baltimore then up Rt 83 to Harrisburg. I will go very early up Rt 15 past Gettysburg to Harrisburg and want to take the Vanagon up to haul someone's rusty junk back home.
flipb
Jim's got the right idea... even for those coming from Richmond, I'd recommend I-95, to I-495 West (Tyson's Corner), to I-270, up to 15 through the Catoctin Mountains. Prettier and not much longer.

I'm not sure if I'll be at Hershey, but I live a mile and a half from I-95 in Springfield, just outside the DC Beltway. I know I've never met most/all of you, but maybe I can volunteer my place for a coffee & bagel stop?

type47
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 7 2010, 05:10 AM) *

... I'm not sure if I'll be at Hershey, ...

You're gonna regret it biggrin.gif
turboman808
Hoping we can get a caravan heading down from up north. Just picked up a go pro hd camera for the trip and that would make it alot of fun getting some high speed hooliganism to tape.

I mean getting some safe considerate driving to tape.
VaccaRabite
Are we talking about doing this Friday or Saturday?

Zach
mepstein
What time is everyone showing up on Sat?
jsayre914
if i get mine running, i plan on going up early sat morning 83 north to the palmyra meeting spot. driving.gif i will join in at york
plas76targa
For any folks going up Rt 15 past Gettysburg, TYPE47, pick me up! I'll meet you on 15 north somewhere. I plan to drive up Saturday morning.

is anyone staying for the autocross??
VaccaRabite
I *may* stay for the AX. depends on my class, family needs and weather at the time. End of the semester, and a lot of stuff is going to be due around then.

Zach
flipb
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 7 2010, 10:50 AM) *

In one of the other threads about Hershey, someone said that event sponsors get admission to the amusement park.

If someone can help me score tickets, I will try to convince the wife that it's a family trip...

I can also try getting a day-pass to drive up & back on my own on Saturday, but I think my odds are better if I spin it as fun for the whole family.
Dr Evil
popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite
Well, great. I just got word that work may be sending me to Kansas City the weekend of Hershey.

FUCK

I am going to see if I can duck it, but I don't know... sad.gif

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 7 2010, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 7 2010, 10:50 AM) *

In one of the other threads about Hershey, someone said that event sponsors get admission to the amusement park.

If someone can help me score tickets, I will try to convince the wife that it's a family trip...

I can also try getting a day-pass to drive up & back on my own on Saturday, but I think my odds are better if I spin it as fun for the whole family.

That would be me. I can get a limited number of tickets but I'll need a firm order. They will be $27.00 each, but I can only order once. Age 2 and under, no ticket required.
celluloid3
I'm headed down Friday, not sure what time any other Jersey Boys are thinking of driving, but I'm game for a caravan down there... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.