Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Okay, who has them... Can you even get them new??

Thats all thats wrong with my entire interior other than carpet..

Anyone have a used one thats not cracked to hell?
Aaron Cox
perf product has them....

IMHO i would recover it a la 916 style. wink.gif Cheaper too!
Bruce Allert
Jake, just get one of those plastic caps for $69. I got one on mine & luv it. They look good & won't ever crack. Then take yer time & find a nice none cracked top beer.gif

.........b
Bleyseng
Email JimW (the guy with the MightyMo blasting 16 guns Avatar) in the latest Seattle breakfast. I was talking to him and he has a good extra one sitting around that you could talk him out of.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Yes. We can buy the dashtops new. Let me know if you want one. The grain pattern is incorrect for 70-74, but most people dont know the difference.

I'm not quite sure why anyone would buy from PerfProd unless you lived down the street from them and could walk in and buy it "right now"

B
Bleyseng
Soooo, how much is a new one Bman??

Geoff
Jake Raby
Okay, I'm kinda out of the loop on stuff other than engines!!

Brad, shoot me an email with a price..

Okay, next question how about the bumpercovers?? I heard only AA has them... Its a 73
Brad Roberts
I have bumper tops in stock OEM.. no REPO shit in this "Hizzy".

Give me minute and I will pull out the 2 inch thick Porsche price book.

B
Bleyseng
Bumper tops run about $200 each Jake
Brad Roberts
Suggested retail on new from Porsche dashpad is 507.00

Obviously we can get it cheaper, but that is what they say.

B
Brad Roberts
Suggested retail on the bumper tops is: 397.00

Anyone selling a OEM part for 200.00 is not making much money on the sale.

B
Bleyseng
I don't think they are oem
Jake Raby
Hell, They don't have to be OEm to suit me.. As long as they look okay and last a couple of years I'll be fine.

I just have one more crazy engine to build before I take a break and finish my 914 and my Thing project..... Just getting some things together...
Bleyseng
Ok, $250 at the bird.
tat2dphreak
not to hijack, but Bruce, can you post a pic of your plasic dash cover... I'm cheap and lazy and have a cracked dash, but didn't know how these would look.. confused24.gif I would much appreciate it!
Bleyseng
They look fine and only cost $100. Not as nice as a real dash but .....
Geoff
Bruce Allert
here's the dash from both sides for ya Tat.....

..........b
Bruce Allert
other side
jonwatts
Jake, I have a new dash that I keep threatening to sell on ebay once I take the time to start listing parts there. It's the same later style grain pattern as Brad mentioned. I don't think it's ever been installed. I don't want to cut it to fit around the roll cage that is in my car so I have a Getty dash on order. I'd like to get $350 for it to help offset the cost of, well, everything wink.gif
tat2dphreak
wow, that looks MUCH better than I thought it would... the only way you can even really tell is th ashtray isn't "flush" and that is no biggie, I'm going to (eventually) put a stereo EQ in that spot anyway... sweet!! thanks!
seanery
there is another place that doesn't fit well. It's behind the dash pod. It looks to be about an inch or so too high.
jonwatts
Yeah Bruce that dash top looks like a better install than most I've seen.

Some people have also had upholstery shops recover their dash in vinyl or leather and they look really cool because of the stitching. If you're not hell bent on the OEM look it would be my second choice. There might be pics of one of these somewhere in the archives.
Brad Roberts
Jake,

buy Jons dash. I have had it in my hands...perfect. Jon, I think we have a factory box for the dash if you need something to ship it in.

B
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 31 2004, 08:46 AM)
there is another place that doesn't fit well. It's behind the dash pod. It looks to be about an inch or so too high.

Ya, it's short that much Sean and, if you don't use something to hold it down in that area like I didn't it raises up a 1/4". But to put it on & off is a breeze. Kinda "snaps" in.

..........b
Malmz
Make sure you take the time to fit the plastic cover before you silicone it in, and follow the silicone directions, just little dots. Mine didn't stick up behind the pod, but would have if I didn't trim the ends just right. I got mine on Ebay new from a guy in Phoenix for only around $65. He was selling a lot of them when I bought mine.

sm
partsman
Not to cut anyone off, but new ones are still avail from the dealer...If you have a absolute have-to-have burning for factory...be ready for $$$ though.. they have to come out of Germany (about 7-10 days to get them) Brad's would be probably the way to go for new...

BTW Brad, I have the $$price cd...do you want me to send it to you or to post it somewhere like you said? cool_shades.gif

Eric
Brad Roberts
Cool. Now I know your name (Eric).

Drop it in the mail:

High Performance House
2431 Spring street
Redwood city Ca. 94063

Or post it.. which ever way is easier for you.. I sure could use it.

B
partsman
Brad, I'll mail it out to you...The updates come out every 1/4, and I get two or three of them so I'll keep you up to date going forward...Still casually checking the other thing you asked about. cool_shades.gif

Eric
Trekkor
Here's a vinyl covered dash pad that was given to me ( free 914 stuff is cool ).
Thanks, John!
Compared to the scale model of the GRAND CANYON some of us have, it's really nice.
It might be intresting in another color to match if all interior was being done.

trekkor
Bruce Allert
Now THAT dash looks cool especially with the French seams beer.gif My Dad wanted to do that to mine. He wants to re-do the whole interior & French seam it.
Sure makes a custom job outta it.

.......b
Qarl
Bumper tops from GPRParts.com are usually $190 each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.