Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New style vs. Old style doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I have 2 different style doors. One is the original '76 and the other is the older style w/ the adjustable regulator (not the fixed one). I hadn't noticed this until last week. When locking the doors without the key, the newer style must have the handle held outward when closing the door if you want to lock it. However, the older style door will shut and lock without holding the handle when closing. Is this normal or did I miss something?
URY914
The handles are the same so it must be in the door.
jt914-6
On the '73,'74, & '75 teeners I've owned the passenger's door handle doesn't need to be held to lock when shutting. On the driver's door the handle must be held out when shutting to lock. I don't remember if my '70 factory six worked that way too. I'm thinking that it did.
markb
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 6 2010, 05:57 PM) *

the passenger's door handle doesn't need to be held to lock when shutting. On the driver's door the handle must be held out when shutting to lock.

agree.gif
76-914
Well, I'll be damned. I gotta put that up there with L/R Parking light, thing. Learned something new about 914's. Again...
markb
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2010, 06:35 PM) *

Well, I'll be damned. I gotta put that up there with L/R Parking light, thing. Learned something new about 914's. Again...

It never ends...... smile.gif
Mike Bellis
WTF.gif You guys lock your doors? beer.gif
orange914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 6 2010, 09:25 PM) *

WTF.gif You guys lock your doors? beer.gif

if you live in modesto you'd better headbang.gif biggrin.gif
pbanders
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 6 2010, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 6 2010, 05:57 PM) *

the passenger's door handle doesn't need to be held to lock when shutting. On the driver's door the handle must be held out when shutting to lock.

agree.gif

agree.gif

Yup, that's how my '70 works.
Sleepin
ohh....go ahead, brag about having door handles...oooooooooooooo! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.