Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 Tennessee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mipstien
Found one! thanks to user poorsche914!
mipstien
bumping this for my own sake :X piratenanner.gif
i know 1000$ porsche projects are out there. i just haven't been lucky enough to find one too close to me recently.
ddot914
QUOTE(mipstien @ Apr 9 2010, 05:21 AM) *

bumping this for my own sake :X piratenanner.gif
i know 1000$ porsche projects are out there. i just haven't been lucky enough to find one too close to me recently.

I would like to see pictures of you Spider 2000. Is it a Pina Farina???? That was my first car. I looked for one around here before I bought this Porsache and had no luck.
I have a 75 yellow 914 1.8. I bought it about 5 months ago. Check out my blog on this web site under "ddot914" to see some pics of it.
Todd in Oklahoma
mipstien
my fiat is a 1981. its a little rough right now i am purchasing parts for the interior and about to fix the front left fender. which means getting a complete front end. the engine runs great and i have been working on the lights, which are now working correctly.

i have some extra parts that i have ordered which are some of the harder parts to find. rear boot(top) cover and the rear vinyl panels. wasn't sure if i was goin to put a rear seat back in it yet because of obviously not having leg room. so i was thinking about building the back up similar to the 83-85 models.

mechanically the car is perfect except for the shift lever which needs a couple of grommets because currently is spins around in circles but still shifts fine.

i have already worked out the very minor floor rust and coated and primed it which next step is carpet. original wheels, 5 of them) in straight but dirty condition. suspension is good. just needs some interior and body work and the car will be nice once again.
im still working on this car but don't have the passion for it like i do the 914's so i can't really get into the work like i would want to. hoping to pass it on to someone that feels more passionate about this than i do.
all the rust on the car is minor surface rust with only one hole behind the rear tire.

these pictures where taken before i got the car.

IPB Image
IPB Image
mipstien
an update on the body work for that front clip. although i now have a front clip to go pick up instead of using this one. and a bump.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Cairo94507
I had a 124 spider; I do not recall the year but it had the two hump hood like your car. It was a nice car, red/tan interior and top. I bought it in bad shape, restored it and sold it.
mipstien
hopeful bump
mipstien
penut butter jelly time
mipstien
piratenanner.gif
jaxdream
Did you find one ??? I may have something you want , 72 slant nose , fiberglass rear flares , fake Fuchs frt 7 X 15 , rer 8 X 15 , don't know offset , frt hubs drilled and screw in studs , rear 4 X130 to 5 X130 adapters . Body fairly rusty , no pan , frt lower windshield , some jack point , can't detect much of a hell hole problem . If you have interest , email me at - dadzzylla@aol.com . It's easier to upload pics on AOL . BTW it has a clear salvage title where I had it regestered to me in TN from a salvage title from CALIFORNIA ( yeah they do rust in Calif. ) numbers all match . Maybe you interested maybe not , just another idea , else wise it becomes a 914 rear half trailer. sawzall-smiley.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
IronHillRestorations
You might be able to find a car in your price range, but from my limited experience, the days of finding a nice salvagable 914 for $1000 are gone. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you won't find it here. We are all enthusiasts, and see more value to these cars than anyone else.

Your best hope would be craigslist or local ads, where perhaps the seller may be a little out of touch with fair market values.

Good luck!!
mipstien
email sent

and i figured that i keep eyes on craigslist all the time, but i still have my hopes up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.