Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just like Christmas & birthday the same day..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
my new aluminum pedal board and my 2.0 Fuchs wheel both arrived on the same day! WoooHooo! dance.gif

Thanks to Engman (available on under the parts board) supplied the board, and it went in super slick. all hardware fit on with no trouble. nice and firm, no more spongy board. Thanks! clap56.gif

Brad Mayuer of 914 Limited supplied the wheel, and it arrived looking exactly as he described. now to get it to the tire shop and have the rubber swapped 'round. Brad's delivery arrived when he said it would, and the price was fair. seldom have i had such prompt, helpful service. clap56.gif

thus far, my experience with venders and other members from this club has been nothing but the best. i'm so happy i think i'll go kiss my wife! wub.gif
Brad Roberts
What did you pay for the alloy if you dont mind me asking ?

B
dinomium
Hey, Shane, nice 100th post
This brings up a delma, to cover with carpet or let the brushed alli gleam... I go back and forth on this one. I am now leaning tword ending the carpet at the sooper sexy brushed floorboard. First cause it looks kewl and secondly, the damn stop lite switch never stays adjusted (post track stress disorder)
dtd
red914
i have the same problem, dino. what swayed me to keep the carpet covering it is that it will, hopefully, keep crap from dropping onto the pedal pivot things. i got that area all vacuumed out, and i don't want junk from my shoes getting in there.

'tis a shame, however, because it really is a sharp lookin' piece of kit! perhaps i can find a way to show it off...

i didn't even notice it was my 100th post. thanks for pointing that out.
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
red914
sorry, but i don't have the technology to post pictures (no camera). the board in question can be seen in the parts forum, under "aluminum pedal board." that is the best i can do in the way of visual stuff.
dinomium
I think just carpet to the al loom in mum, no spell check, BUT i do have pix!
dinomium
QUOTE(red914 @ Mar 30 2004, 10:20 PM)

'tis a shame, however, because it really is a sharp lookin' piece of kit! perhaps i can find a way to show it off...

maybe some velcro tape? that way you could peel it back to show how kewl they are... but if it failed icon8.gif a big ball of carpet behind yer pedals could be bad...
red914
very bad indeed! my board has machined holes for making it lighter. sawzall-smiley.gif
is that the cockpit of your car, dino? very cool. but then, your car has that swagger that they get when they have been on the track. aktion035.gif i think the nice elderly coulple who were the POs of mine would sometimes go crazy and carry some tonic water in the trunk that they bought with the groceries . in other words, no swagger at all. maybe someday, if it eats its vegetables... chowtime.gif
Engman
Thanks - 2.4 lbs is about as lite as it can get. I prefer the carpet over mine - as stuff can fall thru the holes. Enough crap gets back there over time anyways.

M
dinomium
Thanks for the kudos! Yes, that is the "in progress" of my cockpit right now.
I went with the solids to keep junk out, I would say vented=carpeted.
You will problily get some really kewl looking carpet circles going and you will have a nice little tale to tell
wink.gif
red914
ooo, i hadn't thought of that. that will be pretty cool, alright. that unique weathered look, hinting (in my case, lying) at a sleeper. cool_shades.gif you have a good point, dino; actually, two of 'em. keeping the crap out is important, but i like the appearance angle. just makes me even happier with the new board. mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.