Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car won't stop winking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
i imagine that i can get to the bottom of this pretty quickly, but those of you with more experience might be able to point me in the right direction...

driving home at night. i turn off the ignition, then push the light switch in. the lights turn off and move down. and then the passenger's side light goes up. and down. and up. and down. and it won't stop. it's surprisingly anthropomorphic -- kinda cute, really.

anyhow, i pulled a wire from the headlight to get it to stop. any clue on where to look first?

beerchug.gif thanks, n
Brad Roberts
Weak relay ?? Contacts bad on motor for headlight ??

B
nebreitling
my first thought was a relay, too. the wiring is very solid, very pro. i don't really want to f-ck w/ the motor... thanks
SpecialK
Hmmmmm....try the "TV Repairman" technique. While it's winking, lightly tap on the relay and see if it stops, if that doesn't do it, pull the relay, if that doesn't do it, call a priest happy11.gif
nebreitling
are you kidding? i called a priest well before i came to you guys.

these cars are voodoo
GaroldShaffer
Had the same problem on my old 73. It was a bad relay. Just pop (remove screws) the cover off and swap the relays between motors. If it follows the relay then you know what your problem is.

- Garold
BIGKAT_83
Mine did the same thing last night. Your right it is kind of cute. Disconnect battery before you touch anything around those lights. Ask me how I know?

Mine was also the relay....
tat2dphreak
just for the sake of redundant information... it was a bad relay for me too biggrin.gif
nebreitling
so, if i understand you all correctly -- and i may not -- you're saying that it may be a relay?

wacko.gif thanks gentlemen... n
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 31 2004, 07:25 AM)
you're saying that it may be a relay?

i'm not sure. but my guess is it might be the relay! wink.gif

here's another good one for you guys:

1) whenever you use the blinker (either left or right)
the headlight on that side moves up/down at the blinker interval.

Q: what is wired wrong??

let's see how good you really are laugh.gif
Andy
GaroldShaffer
The blinker is wired to the winker laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 31 2004, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 31 2004, 07:25 AM)
you're saying that it may be a relay?

i'm not sure. but my guess is it might be the relay! wink.gif

here's another good one for you guys:

1) whenever you use the blinker (either left or right)
the headlight on that side moves up/down at the blinker interval.

Q: what is wired wrong??

let's see how good you really are laugh.gif
Andy

that would be really cool!
biggrin.gif
TimMartin
Just to chime in, although this issue is normally a relay (echo echo echo), I recently had to replace one of the diodes on the wiring harness that connected the motor positioning sensor to the relay.

It took a while to find out what to replace, but once i knew it was easy and fixed my problem--which was that the light would come up, but never go down without me turning the popup-crank enough to get the motor to kick in and put it down the rest of the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.