Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat bellows cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
I got my bellows, bracket and cable from the good Dr in Atlanta today, but I can't figure out how to connect the cable to the bellows. The bellows has a threaded female end, and the end of the cable has a triangular stud on the end of it with flattened corners, but no threading. I assumed from pics I have seen of other thermostat installations, that the end of the cable threaded into the bellows, and the other end was attached to the flaps by being tightened with a bolt.

Am I missing another part here, or am I trying to use the wrong parts together?

Jim
underthetire
When i replaced mine, I used a shifter cable for a bicycle and cut one end off, put it through the hole on the nut and threaded it on to the bellows. Cable was not threaded.
BiG bOgGs
How did you attach it to the bellows?
underthetire
Had a little threaded insert with a hole through it. Sounds like your missing the nut. Just checked my spare engine to make sure. Parts needed were the bracket, the bellows, the nut with a whole in it, the cable roller, the cable, a hex head screw, and a clamp.
BiG bOgGs
Thanks. Looks like I need to do some more parts searchin'.
realred914
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Apr 7 2010, 07:46 PM) *

Thanks. Looks like I need to do some more parts searchin'.

yes you need a threaded part that has a hole in it the cable is fed thru teh threaed parts central hole retained by the crimped end from passing thru.

I am kind of surprised that you were sold all the parts excpet that part, maybe double check the box it all came in, it is small and may be floating around, else you need to order one
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Apr 7 2010, 07:12 PM) *

I got my bellows, bracket and cable from the good Dr in Atlanta today, but I can't figure out how to connect the cable to the bellows. The bellows has a threaded female end, and the end of the cable has a triangular stud on the end of it with flattened corners, but no threading. I assumed from pics I have seen of other thermostat installations, that the end of the cable threaded into the bellows, and the other end was attached to the flaps by being tightened with a bolt.

Am I missing another part here, or am I trying to use the wrong parts together?

Jim

Unscrew the round end on the thermostat, may need to use vice grips to unscrew it. then push the cable through the hole and screw it back on. It is easy!
BiG bOgGs
Thanks Dr. Worked like a charm. Ready for installing tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.