Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Co-Driver Needed ASAP for 914/6 FP Car at San Diego NT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
My co-driver bailed on me for this weekend and I traveled all the way down from Oregon. I drive a highly modified FP class 914/6 with lots of goodies and fresh rubber. If you are interested, please call my cell. 503-330-4908. I am driving from LA to San Diego today and will be there later this afternoon.

-Britain

Here is a good picture from Packwood NT 2007.

IPB Image
J P Stein
OK AX heroes, here's your chance for 15 minutes of fame. biggrin.gif
This here is a no bullshit quick AXer. Only 2 speeds in the trans so you won't get confused. The right pedal may cause some problems tho. blink.gif
I see you lookin', Andy, go for it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 8 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Co-Driver Needed ...

I thought "tire warmers" were illegal ... biggrin.gif

You could just do what everyone else does. Park their car between run-groups.
poke.gif Andy
J P Stein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 8 2010, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 8 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Co-Driver Needed ...

I thought "tire warmers" were illegal ... biggrin.gif

You could just do what everyone else does. Park their car between run-groups.
poke.gif Andy

This is an SCCA National Tour event. Everyone in the class (and in most classes) has a co-driver. Real life AX, my man. biggrin.gif
287 entries with 8 drivers in the class......well, you could be #8.
Britain Smith
Thanks for all who expressed interest. The ride will go to BMXerror (Mark). He will have a blast. The weather is great down here and the car should stick very well!

BTW Andy, for SCCA a 2-driver car is essential for those on R-tires. Look at the majority of SCCA regional, divisional, and national results and I bet you will not find many single driver winners.

-Britain
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 8 2010, 07:54 PM) *

Look at the majority of SCCA regional, divisional, and national results and I bet you will not find many single driver winners.

That's why i was confuzzled ... I don't have any interest in SCCA and from your initial post it wasn't clear to me that you were talking about an SCCA event.

It's all good. Now go and kick some AX butt!
beerchug.gif Andy
BMXerror
Big thanks to Britain for the opportunity. I'm a bit nervous. I've been AXing about a year. Never run Nationals. Never run R-Compounds. And I've been sick most of the week (kinda-sorta over it). However, Britain knows all this and is still willing to put me in the driver's seat. screwy.gif I'll take it! Wish us luck, guys. driving.gif aktion035.gif
Mark D.
J P Stein
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 8 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Big thanks to Britain for the opportunity. I'm a bit nervous. I've been AXing about a year. Never run Nationals. Never run R-Compounds. And I've been sick most of the week (kinda-sorta over it). However, Britain knows all this and is still willing to put me in the driver's seat. screwy.gif I'll take it! Wish us luck, guys. driving.gif aktion035.gif
Mark D.

Get there early enough to drive the test & tune in the morning (that starts at 11AM), then hold on to your drivers cap....you're in for an E ticket ride. The car is honest.
It'll do the same thing every time...once you get a handle on it. It's easy to drive semi-fast which, I'm sure, is all Brit expects. Brit does better than semi and that is tougher.
Rand
Just be confident Mark. Super cool opportunity. Oh, and don't you dare wear Brit's helmet without some sort of special skin or he will freak out about your potential head sweat potentially touching his helmet. poke.gif (story at 11)
J P Stein
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 8 2010, 11:04 PM) *

Just be confident Mark. Super cool opportunity. Oh, and don't you dare wear Brit's helmet without some sort of special skin or he will freak out about your potential head sweat potentially touching his helmet. poke.gif (story at 11)

lol-2.gif ...all too true......and for God's sake, don't talk to him while he's gettin' "in the zone"......he's still bitchin' about a guy that did that at the Shoot Out a couple years ago. I was Oscar & he was Felix in our days running together. happy11.gif
cary
How'd you guys do .............. ?????????????? I quess I'll do some digging.
Chris Pincetich
I wish I had seen this sooner headbang.gif
I had a fun day dodging cones with NorCal PCA folks, watched AndrewB and the Hamilton 914 dominate on his new 275/35 A6s. shades.gif
DanT
First day:

F Prepared Drivers: 6 Trophies: 2 Run Heat: 2
T 1 7 Evan Fullerton 1999 Porsche Boxster Cal Club Re
[107] Costa Mesa, CA Brad Roberts Automotive Group SP
Goodyear 49.481(1) 46.866 46.147 46.147
T 2 93 Aaron Goldsmith 1998 BMW 3 Series Cal Club Re
[193] Huntington Beach, CA Elite Tint, Chasecam SP (0.357)
Hoosier 49.004 46.504 48.116(1) 46.504
3 144 Britain Smith 1974 Porsche 914/6 Oregon Reg
[44] Hillsboro, OR SDautosports.com NP (1.486)
Hoosier 54.421(2) 49.027 47.990 47.990
4 107 Grant Keyser 1999 Porsche Boxster San Francis
[7] Santa Cruz, CA Team Pirate Racing NP (0.365)
Goodyear 49.712 48.355 48.667 48.355
5 193 Beverlee Larsson 1998 BMW 328is Cal Club Re
[93] Anaheim Hills, CA Elitetint.com SP (0.627)
Hoosier 50.249 48.982 55.265(3) 48.982
6 44 Mark DeShon 1974 Porsche 914
[144] ,

for all of you that don't know
Evan is Grantsfo's co driver...they finished #1 and #4 on day one in the Phat Bastard Boxster.....not bad for a 2.5L water pumper biggrin.gif
Brit in #3.

Lets see how it goes on day 2 shades.gif
BMXerror
Day one was on about 4 hours sleep for both of us. The clutch went out Friday and we had to head over to Sean's shop to find the issue. Bottom line, it was deep fried multiple ways due to a funky assembly of a funky combination of parts. Brit can elaborate if he wishes. Britain commissioned Wevo to send a new clutch and it didn't get picked up from the airport 'til 10:30ish. So we got to bed at about 2am and had to be back at the track at 7ish. So special thanks to Sean. We couldn't have done it without you, bud.
Sunday was more of the same. Aaron was way out front, Evan was second, Brit third, I think Grant 4th and Beverly fifth, and me trailing WAY back in last place with all kinds of cone penalties. sad.gif Britain's POOR splitter.
Yes, the competition was tough. I drove reasonably fast, but couldn't keep it clean. I didn't have a clean run all weekend. However, I did my best to get the tires warm for Britain with several spins and powerslides! biggrin.gif I finished dead last due to all the coneage. I can't make any excuses for that. It's just a rut that I've been in for my past few events, and this weekend was no different.
All in all, if both of us drove perfectly, I'm still not sure we could've caught Aaron. I run with him a lot, and not only is he a fast driver with a well prepared car, he was ON this weekend. I had tons of fun and am eternally grateful to Britain for the opportunity and his patience and kindness all weekend. I know it was a tough one for him, but he never took it out on me. Great car. Great guy. It was an honor to drive with you.
Mark D.
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif That car should be a blast to drive. Very cool of Britain to let you drive. Too bad the 914 got shown up by the Boxster headbang.gif Those things are just down right fast.

Good luck to you this year Britain beerchug.gif
Lou W
Sure sounded like fun. smile.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 9 2010, 01:20 AM) *

lol-2.gif ...all too true......and for God's sake, don't talk to him while he's gettin' "in the zone"......he's still bitchin' about a guy that did that at the Shoot Out a couple years ago. I was Oscar & he was Felix in our days running together. happy11.gif

I think Britain and I were on the same page here because I don't like it when others do the same to me. I tried to run, come in, give him an update on all the track/car conditions and then leave him alone. Especially after he was strapped in, I tried to stay close in case he needed anything, but shut up.... a very difficult thing for me to do. biggrin.gif Never co-driven with anyone before. It made it so much easier being able to share the workload and information a bit.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.