Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We are very blessed to have Mikey914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
A week or so back I got a box of rubber and a shift lever I had purchased from Mark (Mikey914) with 914Rubber.Com. Today I had some time after doing my taxes all day yesterday...

The shift knob went on my Rennshifter II like it was born there. Nice and tight. No more twisty - twisty to keep the shift knob pointed in the right direction.

Next came the rear seal for the side window. Slipped right in as if it was OEM. Nice...

Finally, the inner door seal. Perfect. Love it! Nice work Mark. My doors sound solid, like a new car when I close them. No more wind noise due to the shrunken window seal.

I am impressed and we are very blessed to have you on the 914World team. biggrin.gif

Thank You Mark!!!
underthetire
Thats good news. I NEVER got my parts from him after a bunch of emails back and forth. Maybe I should give him another chance.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 8 2010, 05:14 PM) *

Thats good news. I NEVER got my parts from him after a bunch of emails back and forth. Maybe I should give him another chance.

Actually, that happened to me too but Mark took care of it. Sent a second box and used UPS instead I think...
Sleepin
I have been nothing but impressed with everything I have ever bought from Mark!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 8 2010, 08:57 PM) *

I have been nothing but impressed with everything I have ever bought from Mark!

agree.gif We are lucky. He could have taken an interest in Alfa's or some other marq. pray.gif
Pat Garvey
I don't know for certain, but have to wonder if Mark isn't innundated! It's the Spring season & everyone wants it NOW!

I'll tell you this - I've purchased a number of Marks parts. They are superior to Factory. Same look, but the guts are better! I defy anyone to show me the the Factory parts are superior, or that the difference is discernable.

Just got some goodies from Mark today. As usual, you have to be in the right place........

Nothing but the best to say for this guy!
Pat
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 8 2010, 06:09 PM) *

I don't know for certain, but have to wonder if Mark isn't innundated! It's the Spring season & everyone wants it NOW!

I'll tell you this - I've purchased a number of Marks parts. They are superior to Factory. Same look, but the guts are better! I defy anyone to show me the the Factory parts are superior, or that the difference is discernable.

Just got some goodies from Mark today. As usual, you have to be in the right place........

Nothing but the best to say for this guy!
Pat

Who are you and what did you do with Pat the originality dude??? lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
Well as if that wasn't enough for today, after writing the first post in this thread, my 12 year old brings me the mail and there is a package from Mark with new sunvisor mounts! I now have both sunvisors for the first time in all the time I have owned my 914! Once again, Thanks Mark! biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
Yep, Mark is a great guy. Best thing is he is local to me and runs things over to my place all the time. He actually put thought into his products and they are the highest quality you can buy.

-Britain
Jerry75914
I'll attest to the quality. I bought a front bumper top, and it is top notch! aktion035.gif
tradisrad
I have put in door seals, front trunk bulk head, rear side window, and waiting for time to put in the targa to window seals. Also I lookforward to the triangle window rubber.
Thanks Mikey914 it's all good stuff.
-Rob
bigkensteele
Mark has asked my assistance on a double-top-secret project that will forever change the 914 community. It may even change the course of the tides, if he ever gets around to it.

Mark, I am awaiting your instruction. As soon as you are ready, I will send the "package".
Mikey914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 8 2010, 06:14 PM) *

Just drop me a PM with your info.

if if screwed the pooch I'll make it right. I know I make mistakes, and sometimes the day job gets in the way, but I will get you what you paid for.

Sorry to have dropped the ball.
number6
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 8 2010, 07:56 PM) *

Yep, Mark is a great guy. Best thing is he is local to me and runs things over to my place all the time. He actually put thought into his products and they are the highest quality you can buy.

-Britain

agree.gif

I'm lucky enough to be local, too, and can't say enough good things about Mark or his products! If you talk to him at length, you'll really appreciate all the work/planning/tooling/perfecting that he puts into each and every offering. Frankly, I think he underprices many of his stuff. I don't know how he even has time to do all that great work, given his day job flying planes! You're the Master, Mark.
Geezer914
I have purchased his targa top seals, rear window seals, front bumper top, and just installed the fender cowl seals. Everything has been top notch. I would not buy rubber parts from anyone else. Thanks Mark!
Root_Werks
My new-to-me 914 has been pretty much just sitting in the garage. But I've already made a small list of seals I'm going to get from Mikey. I've heard nothing but good things.

And yes, thanks for taking an intrest in 914's! driving.gif

These things are getting old enough now that parts sourcing will only get harder to do.
rfuerst911sc
I've purchased and installed:
Front trunk seal
front bulkhead seal
front running/turn signal seals
front targa windshield seals main and lower
rear targa seal
side targa top seals
side window seals on targa bar
rear window seal
rear trunk seals
tail light seals

All are excellent quality and fit well plus an easy guy to work with. beerchug.gif
charliew
He's a little too busy for me right now. I didn't get any response on the last items but I'm not in a big rush anyway.
underthetire
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 8 2010, 06:14 PM) *

Mark contacted me after seeing this, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really think he wants to take care of us, just maybe a little overwhelmed from trying to design, sell, web pages, and shipping. Maybe he can clone himself out of rubber to help.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 8 2010, 09:25 PM) *

Mark has asked my assistance on a double-top-secret project that will forever change the 914 community. It may even change the course of the tides, if he ever gets around to it.

Mark, I am awaiting your instruction. As soon as you are ready, I will send the "package".

It is time to send the package.
Thanks
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 9 2010, 11:51 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 8 2010, 09:25 PM) *

It is time to send the package.
Thanks

is this one of those "I can tell you but I would have to kill you" type of things?
914four
[/quote]
Mark contacted me after seeing this, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really think he wants to take care of us, just maybe a little overwhelmed from trying to design, sell, web pages, and shipping. Maybe he can clone himself out of rubber to help.
[/quote]

Please post a link to the website. I usually place orders when new products are posted in this forum but I would love to see all of the products listed in one place.

Kelvin
ConeDodger
[quote name='PH1' date='Apr 10 2010, 07:04 AM' post='1301078']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Please post a link to the website. I usually place orders when new products are posted in this forum but I would love to see all of the products listed in one place.

Kelvin
[/quote]

Mark has all of the available seals listed in the Member Vendor thread. Just go to the Forum button at the top of the page and load all the available pages then choose Member Vendor. His thread is near the top... biggrin.gif Otherwise, the website is 914Rubber.Com but you pay full price that route.
Mikey914
On my to do list is to revamp the website to allow members to get pricing at the "world" price. But I just dropped a load of cash on tooling for some new stuff. Just a choice of developing a product or ammenities to sell the products. I'm cheap and prefer to spend the cash on the products, but I will have to do something soon.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.