xxx
jonwatts
pooper?

no, looks nothing like a pooper
bernbomb914
not close

Bernie
blonde914
I really suck at recognising cars. I can barely keep thekids straight. The only one I know for absolute is the 914. This looks like an Opel GT a friend of mine had in high school. The body shop at school had done some work to it and if I remember right it looked like this only orange.

Just a guess!

Sherry driving-girl.gif

P.S. What is a pooper?
Gint
Isn't it an Abarth Carrera?
VegasRacer
I can name the team.
Those are all Wayne Baker cars.
Howard
Yup, Abarth Carrera. Old farts should know that. 2000cc tail dragger pissed off everyone in C Prod. Arguably the best looking tail dragger ever. 904 had nice lines, but f/g work was really rough. This was a beauty, Carlo.
VegasRacer
Can you name this one???
seanery
kinda looks like a cistellia (sp?) but I don't think it is.

That Carrera Abarth has attended Dunkle's ( I believe)
bernbomb914
It is a Abarth. I thought that it would stump the young crowd. The rear window is what caught my eye when walking by.

Bernie
bernbomb914
The red car is about the size of a 750cc nardi ?
VegasRacer
another clue
mike_the_man
I'm part of the younger crowd, 25, and I was about 95% sure that was an Abarth Carrera. I love all Porsches and can pick them out fairly well. Other exotics, not so good. I have no idea what that little red thing is.
Howard
Don't know what the red thing is, but where do I get one? wub.gif
Qarl
Is that red car the one that the Ambiguosly Gay Duo drives?
seanery
it's not an allard with caddy power is it?
Gint
I can't remember what the name of the thing is. Fine Living Channel had a show that featured one of those. Racing trainer or some such affair IIRC.
bernbomb914
could it be on a saab sonnet chassis is that a v4 eng?

Bernie
seanery
hmm, two different cars. The first one looks like it has sidedraft webers hanging out passenger side, second one doesn't.
VegasRacer
My post was really more of a question than a quiz.
(I don't know the answer)
I stumbled across these photos a while ago when I was searching for some Ferrari info. I believe they were taken at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in 2002.
boxstr
Its a Bandini 750cc special racer.
CCLINCIAO
VegasRacer
I should have known that boxstr could identify it.
750 cc, WOW. laugh.gif
I don't expect anybody to propose a 914 engine transplant. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.