Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WoodOne337
Hello,

I would like to adjust the clutch pedal so that engages sooner. As it is now, the clutch will engage in the very last 1/4 of travel upward on the pedal. I want it to engage closer to the floor.

Should I tighten the nut at the transmission end of the cable or loosen it? Or, is something else needed?

Thanks, Scott
underthetire
QUOTE(WoodOne337 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:32 PM) *

Hello,

I would like to adjust the clutch pedal so that engages sooner. As it is now, the clutch will engage in the very last 1/4 of travel upward on the pedal. I want it to engage closer to the floor.

Should I tighten the nut at the transmission end of the cable or loosen it? Or, is something else needed?

Thanks, Scott

Loosen=closer to the pedal board. Check your clutch tube to make sure it's not broken. If you go to far, the car may not shift as well. Make small changes.
solex
Scott,

The adjustment per Haynes is not when the clutch engages but how much free travel before the throw bearing is engaged. Top of the pedal should have 1/2" to 3/4" of free travel before it stops and engages with the bearing

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.