Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Registration problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sj914
Okay here's the problem I'm having. I bought the car in August and recently got around to taking care of the Transfer of Ownership. Around August a guy emailed me when he saw that I was bidding on 914's on ebay. He said that the car belongs to his nephew and that his nephew had bought it from someone else earlier in the year. We did the transaction, he sent me the car and the title. When I recieved the title it still had the previous owners name on it as the owner of record. I went to the DMV and see what they would say and the DMV says that I have to have the owner of record sign the bill of sale. It gets worse. After dealing with the DMV I loose the title, probably flew out the window. I contact the guy I bought it from and it seems the original owner is no longer available. My probblem now is how do I get this thing registered in my name. I know, I know go check with the DMV. I just thought I'd ask here first. The last time I had this much trouble was with my first 914, it had gone through 4 owners and non of them transferred ownership. So I had to send letters to the owner on the title to see if they still wanted to claim it. Anyone have any other ideas. I just don't feel like wasting my time at the DMV. And their websites no help either.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(sj914 @ Mar 31 2004, 12:46 AM)
I had to send letters to the owner on the title to see if they still wanted to claim it.

That's your answer. Certified letter, return receipt.
sj914
I was dredding that answer. I hope the DMV still accepts that.
ArtechnikA
this is one of the few times you can be glad you're in California.
AAA helps with registration issues there.
i don't know if they do in any other states, but they didn't in NV and they don't in PA...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.