Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cut out ?????????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ablose58
I was wondering if any body out there has had the same problem I have? sometimes when driving, MDB2.gif seems like the car loses power and if you let off accel pedal and then get back on it it works ok. don't even know where to start! when this happens if you hold the pedal where it's at it will continually decelarateuntil you get off and on the pedal?can anyone give some pointers? pray.gif AL ps it's a 1974 1.8L L-l tronic inj.
ArtechnikA
what kind of car? (914/4? 914/6? 914/V8? something else ?) what year ? what engine? what kind of fuel system? (Carburetors? D-Jet? L-Jet? Something else?)

ya gotta give us some details people ...

IF it's a D-Jet 914/4 it sounds like it could be the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

it could also be a half-dozen other things like fuel starvation, and that's just IF it's actually a D-Jet car.

but start with the basics - make sure your fuel pressures are up to snuff, check for good grounds and loose connectors, and check the archives for ways to test the TPS.
Rusty
Wierd vacuum leak? Have you checked all your hoses for fit and serviceability?)

Problem with fuel delivery? (Have you changed your fuel filter lately, checked your gas tank for debris?)

My guesses only. Someone who has had this problem will probably chime in.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Rusty
IF it's a D-Jet 914/4 it sounds like it could be the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

Damn... that was my first thought, but it sounded too far out there, once I reconsidered.

Hi Rich! How's the E doing for you?

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.