Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam characteristics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rat
I have a 2056 with this cam C35 495 lift at valve and 285 duration.I run 40 Dell's and an svda distributor and jacobs energy box.,2.0 heads.This is an old combo from 13 yrs ago.Can anybody give me some insight on the cam and where it makes its power and how high it will rev with this combo?Any idea how much power this combo is good for.
sean_v8_914
sounds like a 2 amp light switch on a 5000w bulb.
that is alot of lift. you need alot of top quality valve train to make it work.
go to webcam web site. they have cam specs similar to this with breif descriptions
sww914
That sounds very similar to my cam. 2056 with 10.5:1 compression, 38mm & 48mm valves, huge ports, Weber 44's, and open exhaust.
It works very well at full throttle over 3500 RPM's. Before 3500, nothing happens. It's like a 2 stroke, the horsepower doubles (butt dyno) in a couple hundred RPM's.
Not suitable for anything but a dedicated track car IMO.
Mark Henry
I've never run a c-35, just the c-25 which is a real mild cam.

Scat doesn't number their T4 cams (ie c-35) like that any more but they were just copies of the T1 cams the T1 C-35 says thats total lift, not cam lift and that it's like the Engle W110, so dual springs required but not too crazy.

Most T4 cams drop off and stop making power at 6k.

Type Scat into your search engine...that's pretty well what I think of scat products.
BTW typing scat into a search engine will be NSFW
914rat
So the lift is quoted with 1.25 rockers?Mark I tried the google it came up Toilet cam.What are you saying here.LOL It does like RPM's up in the 2500-3000 range to wake up the motor.Would it be better suited in a stroked combination?
sww914
I thought you meant lift at the cam. Nothing I said applies if that's at the valves.
Al Meredith
Very common mistake with new engine builders is to buy too big a cam. I was helping a young guy build a TY4 and he bought a C45 cam. This was for a 1.8. I traded him a C20 I had here and now have a C45 that I can't use. Anyone out there want a C45 Please let me know I'll let it go Cheap. Al
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.