Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Here, thought I would say hello
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyreguy25
Hello, I am Andy. I have had an infatuation with the 914 since I tried to get my parents to buy me one in high school (used, I am only 25). This coming spring (2011), I will own one and am anxious to learn all I can between now and then. I have been perusing this site for a a day now and am blown away by the quality of cars you all have built. Thank you for maintaining such a unique site and I look forward to conversing with all of you.
Michael N
welcome.png
Silverstreak
welcome.png I just got mine less than a week ago. It's an unbelievable feeling. Good luck!
jsayre914
drunk.gif
Welcome
tyreguy25
Thanks for the quick hellos. I will undoubtedly be searching on here for advice on what to look for in a 914 when I start seriously shopping, but for now, will learn all I can.
Lennies914
welcome.png I'm a newbie as well. welcome to the world and a bunch of good pees and good info.
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png

Read the tech articles in the "914 Info" and use the search function. If used right you will find what your looking for!
hot_shoe914
drunk.gif beerchug.gif welcome.png
markb
welcome.png
Tom_T
welcome.png

You've come to the right place! biggrin.gif
jcambo7
welcome.png to the both of you! This is the best forum to be at if you like 914's! A ton of great guys are on this site with too much knowledge on these cars! biggrin.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif
johannes
welcome.png

The french guy ! ...

76-914
welcome.png If your not a mechanic now, you will be. If you are a mechanic you shall become a mystical mechanic. In the meantime, be gathering up lots of jackstands, money and valium. You should probably brush up on your cussing as well. It wouldn't hurt either, if you got a Cap'n Crusty shield for your first good tail twisting. What am I forgetting confused24.gif . Oh yea, an oil drip pan and at least 2 spare parts for everything. If you find any 914 NOS stuff you must offer it to an admin before purchasing it for yourself. I guess that's about it. Come enjoy our sickness.
tyreguy25
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 10 2010, 11:07 AM) *

welcome.png If your not a mechanic now, you will be. If you are a mechanic you shall become a mystical mechanic. In the meantime, be gathering up lots of jackstands, money and valium. You should probably brush up on your cussing as well. It wouldn't hurt either, if you got a Cap'n Crusty shield for your first good tail twisting. What am I forgetting confused24.gif . Oh yea, an oil drip pan and at least 2 spare parts for everything. If you find any 914 NOS stuff you must offer it to an admin before purchasing it for yourself. I guess that's about it. Come enjoy our sickness.

beer3.gif 914 NOS parts are rare I would assume, but why wouldn't one horde them for oneself?
Drums66
Welcome to the 914 World
do your reading&Research(now) idea.gif
JTarver
Hi Andy, welcome to the board, and soon to porsche ownership!
I am new to the board as well, and just got my first 914 about two weeks ago. It broke the first week! It was the throttle cable, and JT that lives near me was kind enough to come help me get her back on the road. I have been blasting all over town in mine today, and she's running great! I promise you man, you are gonna love yours! I totally understand the passion for them now.

And yea, brush up on your cussing. Mines perfected, I even cuss in my sleep. =)
Good to have you,
Joe

HUGE THANKS TO JT! YOU ROCK MAN!

TheCabinetmaker
Heres a link to a google search engine for this site. I got from someone's sig here. Can't remeber who, but it works way better than the searce on this site (sorry admin). I recommend you do some searches and a lot of reading. Pass up the bs stuff, stay out of the sandbox, and concentrate on the technical threads. Read, read, read. Find the best car you possibly can for your budget. Be prepared to spend more than you really want to for the car you want. 90 percent of the cars out there have been beat to hell. The few that are really nice are worth the money.

Good luck and welcome.
BTW, looks like your not that far from me if ya need an experienced eye.
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00240834...2%3Aajvfxschcgc
zymurgist
welcome.png from one of the guys who doesn't even own a 914 (yet).
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 10 2010, 09:07 AM) *

agree.gif you also need thick skin to play here! biggrin.gif
tyreguy25
Thick skin isn't an issue. I am already a sailor due to my day job.

I will be looking to pick up a running and driving 914, but the exterior isn't of great concern right off the bat (but no complete rust buckets).

Guys, thanks for the pointers, but the tech threads are the most interesting to read for a future mechanic.

I probably should have mentioned this in my opening thread, but I am a tire technician at a small shop in Lawrence, KS. I do most of my own maintenance on my vehicles, with the intention of going back to school for my AAS in Automotive Technology. After that, I would like to get a job in a local Porsche specialty shop or at Aristocrat Motors doing whatever I can.
azbill
Welcome to the madness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.