Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: original 914-6 oil cooler mod, any interest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigD9146gt
Hello,

I've just modified my own oil cooler to be just like the factory 914-6. I have 5 coolers that are out for ultrasonic cleaning and pressure testing. Originally I was just going to throw them on evilbay, but wanted to see if anyone here would be interested.

I would need to have the metric threaded ends machined, however I could weld on -AN or possibly straight with a rolled lip for a slip fit... $300 plus shipping ( with end you want, ultrasonically cleaned and pressure tested).

BigD9146gt
another
BigD9146gt
and anther
jt914-6
Yep...it looks like the factory one I have.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Nice... now, if you know of anybody who makes 914-6 oil tanks that would be even better! biggrin.gif
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 10 2010, 10:11 AM) *

Nice... now, if you know of anybody who makes 914-6 oil tanks that would be even better! biggrin.gif

Ya, if only I knew of someone too idea.gif ...

To be perfectly honest, I would make another run of them. The hardest thing right now is the initial cost. I would need to have an order for 50 units (25% down payment) to make it happen. I don't think the -6 conversions are booming right now, so I haven't really considered it an option.
IronHillRestorations
Sweet Don! Very nicely done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.