Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will 80 PSI VDO gauge work with 150psi sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
so got a 150 PSI gauge (picture at Jegs showed 80 psi dial) chair.gif

hard to read

Will 150 PSI dual sender work right with VDO 310012 80 PSI gauge?
qa1142
Oh, and which calibrated VDO temp gauge would replace the uncalibrated consoule (SP) gauge?

150-300F

120-300F

????
marks914
No,
You need the right sender for the right gauge, you cannot mix and match them or brands.
Mark
qa1142
same brand both VDO
Cap'n Krusty
You can't mix and match senders and gauges. Or brands. There, clearer now?

The Cap'n
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 10 2010, 02:24 PM) *

You can't mix and match senders and gauges. Or brands. There, clearer now?

The Cap'n

agree.gif Although it may read somthing, the callibration would be way off and you would not know the actual pressure.
zx-niner
If you used a 150 psig sender with an 80 pound gauge, your gauge readings would be just over half the true value of your pressure.
McMark
I'm not clear on what you have, exactly. blink.gif

Your gauge is ______ psi.
Your sender is _____ psi.

I was just researching this for SirAndy. Both senders have a range of 0-180 ohm.

If you have a 5 bar sender and a 10 bar gauge, the gauge will read fine, but you'll have to mentally 1/2 the numbers you see on the gauge.
If you have a 10 bar sender and a 5 bar guage, again, the gauge will read fine, but you'll have to mentally double the numbers you see on the gauge.

If you have a dual contact (pressure and warning light) 10 bar sender that you don't want, PM SirAndy because he's going to be buying on and you might be able to work something out.
qa1142
I have 150 psi dual sender and 150 psi gauge but never get past 60 psi.

all very very new like 300 miles

Now wish I had 80 PSI gauge so I had more sweep and could read lower oil pressures with accuracy

If that means new sender and new gauge so be it.

Just trying to understand what I need to do

914Sixer
From what your last post says your gauge is reading correctly. Your oil pressure should never exceed 60 psi. Yes, the lower scale will be easier to read but the accuracy should be the same with a matched sending unit.
McMark
I would sell what you've got in the classifieds, and get the right stuff. If it were me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.