Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Lid Won't Shut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RDNine1four
Just installed new batteries but rain tray hits top of terminal when I try to shut engine lid. Battery height is 8 inches from bottom to top of terminal. If I exchange battery, what brand/model do you recommend. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RDNine1four @ Apr 10 2010, 06:39 PM) *

Just installed new batteries but rain tray hits top of terminal when I try to shut engine lid. Battery height is 8 inches from bottom to top of terminal. If I exchange battery, what brand/model do you recommend. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Most auto parts stores have a reference guide to tell you what is correct. Other wise, take some measurements and choose a battery the right size. If you have a stock low compression motor, the CCA won't matter too much. But I usually choose the highest CCA that will fit the spot.
ws91420
BCA Group 42 is the standard but I have put in a Group 34 optima and turned the terminals torward the fender when placing in the car.
Andyrew
I just said "Whats the cheapest optima you have?, That one? Hmm ya that'll fit. "

smile.gif

Terminals were backwards, and it had front mount posts as well, but really we can fit most standard size batteries...
markb
Group 34R Optima is what I put in mine.
EdwardBlume
7.5 inches is too tall with a rain tray.... hissyfit.gif
McMark
Take it back and get an Optima.
tod914
Optima 35 I'm very happy with. Smaller and 6 pounds lighter that the 34R. Plenty of starting power and requires no trimming. Check with your local PCA. NNJR gets them for $110 I believe. Found out too late, but might help you.
EdwardBlume
I bought an optima 34R and took it back. The fit wasn't right with the rain tray... I ended up with a lower profile AC Delco...
Lennies914
IIRC the "R" just means that the + & - are reversed. In other words, if you just get the 34 (no R), you can turn the battery around and have the terminals tucked up nicely under the outer edge, out of the way of the rain tray. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.