Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what? anyone seen this samba ad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver74insocal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=949359

anyone else amazed by this? is it someone on here?
jsayre914
i was just looking at that earlier tonight. for that kinda money you would think he would at least hit it with a wet nap slap.gif

seems way out of range to me. it is a 4 after all
RJMII
That car is advertised in the classifieds here. smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105714

0 posts; so I'm guessing he's only posted in the classifieds.
TC 914-8
Climate controlled my a$$, looks like it's stored in a wood shop. Good luck on the 25K. Barrett and Jackson had one ( not as clean) that may have gone for $13K
Eric_Shea
Fellow Utards.

Too bad that molding made it a $3000 car for me that needs $8,000 worth of body work to be right. That stuff is flat out ugly.

Nice example but, not $25,000 nice.
DanT
maybe if were clean, and didn't have that awful riveted on side molding...

at least take the time to clean the thing and take decent pics dry.gif

someone that is not a fan of the marque, just trying to flip a low mileage car...and make some quick $$
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 10 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Fellow Utards.

Too bad that molding made it a $3000 car for me that needs $8,000 worth of body work to be right. That stuff is flat out ugly.

Nice example but, not $25,000 nice.

agree.gif The moulding reminds me of my moms delta 88 in 69
rick 918-S
Advertized as a survivior but Jeff posted a the ebay ad that stated the car had a repaint on at least the drivers side. I used to install those moldings back in the 1980's. I always cringed when I had to drill holes and pop rivet those things on. barf.gif
silver74insocal
i know right...at least dust it off fer chr@#t sakes!! lol
914Sixer
Guy fell on his head and damaged his thinking process.
SLITS
Speakers are nonfactory.
URY914
Bashing cars that are for sale is sorta shitty IMHO.
Katmanken
The military designation for somethig like that is "hangar queen"

Personally, that car would be no fun for me.

You can't drive it or the value plummets.

Which would really limit the number of people willing to buy it.

And the hangar time means a lot of work to get it runnable.

Now if you were an anal obsessive detailing freak...... idea.gif
azbill
What ever the traffic will bear. The current value is the highest price a willing and able buyer will pay. Who will step up? popcorn[1].gif That price will help all of us. Don't bitch!
charliew
I'm not as educated as the guys here but I am 65 and have put that moulding on a 69 350 camaro in about 79. I also hated the holes but knew I could fix them if I ever needed to. I had just repainted it the original color and I hated the small door dings worse that it would get as my little wife parked it at Waco High School where she still works. 40 years so far. It was a daily commuter then. It sat in the whs parking lot every year till 1988. Then the garage till about 95. Personally those small holes are much easier for me to fix with my tig than a multitude of dings and rust. more than likely the jams and the trunk lips are all that need to be done on a complete repaint. I personally wouldn't strip it unless the touchup spots are bad in the driver door. How many other cars are there like that that you can start with? You would rather have a completely rewelded 914? That cost 500.00 to start with? Not me. No it's probably not a 25k car but it's a really nice example to start with if the buyer gets what he thinks is a good deal. I really don't think it will take more than 5k to repaint that car with good ppg paint. But you could probably find someone that thinks it will take 10k too. I'll bet the seller will end up selling that car for the same or less than he gave for it.

I also think the moulding is terrible looking though and it will detract greatly from it's selling price but to me as a buyer and painter, thats great.

Actually if the paint is good and you got it for 10k and was used as a neat weekend car as is in about 5 years it could get a repaint and at about 40-50k miles it would still have good value it seems to me. I think the moulding takes 2500 off it's value. The right side repair is a bigger problem for me than the moulding.
Drums66
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 11 2010, 07:06 AM) *

Bashing cars that are for sale is sorta shitty IMHO.

Ask for the moon.......you might get it!
(I agree it's his car) bye1.gif
EdwardBlume
12k mi is low... but what could you build for $25k?
azbill
You can never build factory. You cannot get all of the new factory parts that are needed.
Turtle
I'm just starting my search for a 914 but this number seems way off.

I'm in love with the 914-6 GT clone that "Phoenix 914-6GT" has listed for sale. That's the way to photograph a car!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...104679&st=0

and here's a retail seller who also knows to how make the car look good. Since I'm new to 914s and haven't driven a stick in 15 years, this is more my speed but I still want the GT clone.

http://www.specialtysales.com/1974-porsche...-2.0-c-2608.htm
tod914
Cool color. I wouldn't think of repainting that car being other than the door, it's original. Can't see why the door guards couldn't be removed, the holes filled, and the patches airbrushed into the paint. Not many around with that kind of milage. Be nice to see it fully detailed.
charliew
Just because it has 12k on it doesn't mean the paint is easily blended. At the least it will probably need a top coat of clear to hide the paint edge of the blend. The chances are the painted jams and the trunk lips are close to the original color and the rest of the exterior is a lighter color. But yellow would be one of the easier colors to try to match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.