Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12k Mile 75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
McMark
Thought I'd grab these pictures while I could. This is the 'Sloan Car' that's making the rounds for sale.

Sale Ad Text:
This is an all original 1975 914 2.0 with just over 12,000 original miles. This is not a restoration this is an original from the factory 'survivor". We purchased this car from the Sloan Car Collection, Sloan is known for his low mileage rare hard to find Porsches. We purchased this vehicle from that collection about two years ago.
This car is extremely clean, the body and interior are in amazing condition. Everything is in working order and is ready for the road. We have put about 10 miles on the car and it has been stored in a climate controlled warehouse. The drivers door was repainted before we purchased it due to some very light damage. The side molding on the car was mounted with pins through the body and not glued on however it is believed that it was installed by the dealer when the car was new. This car will go through the barrett jackson auction if we are unsuccessfull here needless to say we are motivated to sell.
We are asking $25,000 or best offer for this amazing collectible piece of history.
DanT
ugly side molding really takes the price way down for me.... sad.gif

you would think for that asking price someone could clean the darned thing, and take some decent pics. dry.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(DanT @ Apr 10 2010, 08:49 PM) *

ugly side molding really takes the price way down for me.... sad.gif

you would think for that asking price someone could clean the darned thing, and take some decent pics. dry.gif

agree.gif agree.gif on both

I also have to ask what happened so wonderfully to increase the price from $15k on evil bay last year in Jeff Bowlsby's post - up to the current $25k asking price - other than collecting dust!!?? confused24.gif

idea.gif I wonder how much that dust adds to the GVW & decreases performance of that later GC 2.0?? lol-2.gif
Andyrew
Oh its just people trying to turn a profit on collectors. Unfortunately they picked the wrong car IMHO. Low mile 75? Who wants that??? Thats not going to tickle the fancy of the collector guys... Daily driver/ nice concourse car/ occasional autox'er/ weekend toy? Sure.. But those arnt 25k... 15k is stretching it IMHO.
JeffBowlsby
There are many m ore of this car, all cleaned up and sparkly...here:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Exceptional914s.htm

tod914
Jeff, car 4732909790 is Bahia red. Seen you had a question mark on the color. Beautiful cars. Great job of keeping track of these.
MDG
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 11 2010, 01:34 PM) *

Jeff, car 4732909790 is Bahia red. Seen you had a question mark on the color. Beautiful cars. Great job of keeping track of these.

I agree with Tod - great photos!!

on 4712908458 listed as Phoenix Red - it's actually Tangerine L 21E used up to the end of 1972.

Phoenix Red L32 K replaced Tangerine for '73-74. Similar but different enough when you see them side by side
Pat Garvey
Darn nice 914! Not a lover of the late cars, but this is sweet! Who cares about a little dust! The side bumpers are a cali thing & easily removed.
Nice 15K car - nuff said.
Pat
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Gentlemen, will make these updates!

QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 11 2010, 05:32 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 11 2010, 01:34 PM) *

I agree with Tod - great photos!!

on 4712908458 listed as Phoenix Red - it's actually Tangerine L 21E used up to the end of 1972.

Phoenix Red L32 K replaced Tangerine for '73-74. Similar but different enough when you see them side by side

Ferg
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 11 2010, 05:08 PM) *

Darn nice 914! Not a lover of the late cars, but this is sweet! Who cares about a little dust! The side bumpers are a cali thing & easily removed.
Pat

Neat car for sure, but those side bumpers/rubstrips are drilled in, not easily removed unless you want holes left behind sad.gif
ghuff
I wish they would share what they are smoking.

It has to be good.
smg914

The side bumpers are a cali thing & easily removed.
Pat

Easy to remove....Yes....but what about the 16 holes in the body they leave behind?
914werke
Not to nit pic but there are some other little things those photos reveal; Speakers aren't OE, for some reason no boots on injector leads? the clips on the air box appear to be yellow cad plate ? Un-restored ?
tod914
Rich, the yellow cad clips are correct. After years of polishing, they get silver. There is a cardboard panel with black cloth material on it that is missing from the speakers. That would hide the fact they are not original. Would love to see that car completely detailed. Talk about reference material.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 13 2010, 09:49 AM) *

Pat

Neat car for sure, but those side bumpers/rubstrips are drilled in, not easily removed unless you want holes left behind sad.gif

Ferg,
My bad - thought they were adhesive mounted! Bummer!
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 17 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Rich, the yellow cad clips are correct. After years of polishing, they get silver. There is a cardboard panel with black cloth material on it that is missing from the speakers. That would hide the fact they are not original. Would love to see that car completely detailed. Talk about reference material.

Have to agree with the "years of polishing" statement. Have too many of those parts on my car, yet is lends an air of care.
Pat
914runnow

Pat

My 73 is a Sacto car with the side mouldings too..
BUT....they are rivited on mine....
maybe this has the sticky back ones..??
ALL of the smog items intact is Kooooool!!
A >Pure< Cali car all the way..!!
914runnow
Also>>>No underside pics of tranny and engine????Hmmmmm??
Hey FERG<<<<<What cha think....70 plus hours of detailing at least....
And they smacked a parking curb with the front valance......
Barrett Jackson..with their fee..this owner stands to loose money.....
Cleaned up properly and Spec'd thru by a reputable shop..
I give it 17/5 to 18/5...WITH the proper repairs and replacements done..
BUT>>It could fly at 20 G....to an outsider that has the $$to burn....
But most of you are correct that 25G is tooooooo High..
At that point..add 5 g and get a '6'!!
914werke
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 17 2010, 06:40 AM) *

Really they were yellow cad ~? Crap something else I gotta do. wacko.gif
Shoot Ive got working period speakers rolleyes.gif Im aware of the covers but they are usually shot after 35 yrs.
porboy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2010, 08:41 PM) *

Thought I'd grab these pictures while I could. This is the 'Sloan Car' that's making the rounds for sale.

Sale Ad Text:
This is an all original 1975 914 2.0 with just over 12,000 original miles. This is not a restoration this is an original from the factory 'survivor". We purchased this car from the Sloan Car Collection, Sloan is known for his low mileage rare hard to find Porsches. We purchased this vehicle from that collection about two years ago.
This car is extremely clean, the body and interior are in amazing condition. Everything is in working order and is ready for the road. We have put about 10 miles on the car and it has been stored in a climate controlled warehouse. The drivers door was repainted before we purchased it due to some very light damage. The side molding on the car was mounted with pins through the body and not glued on however it is believed that it was installed by the dealer when the car was new. This car will go through the barrett jackson auction if we are unsuccessfull here needless to say we are motivated to sell.
We are asking $25,000 or best offer for this amazing collectible piece of history.

I just bought this car. They kindly delivered it to my house from Utah to SF Bay Area on their trailer. The price delivered was very reasonable. It had been sitting for a while and I ended up replacing the gas tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, and gave it a detail. The side molding is period correct and the rest of the car is so awesome I don't care about the molding. I use to own a previous Dr. 914 74' Phoenix red 25K mile car and I like this one much better, and was much less.
porboy
QUOTE(porboy @ Sep 9 2010, 04:36 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2010, 08:41 PM) *

Sale Ad Text:

I just bought this car. They kindly delivered it to my house from Utah to SF Bay Area on their trailer. The price delivered was very reasonable. It had been sitting for a while and I ended up replacing the gas tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, and gave it a detail. The side molding is period correct and the rest of the car is so awesome I don't care about the molding. I use to own a previous Dr. 914 74' Phoenix red 25K mile car and I like this one much better, and was much less.

Sorry, I don't want to leave the wrong impression, the 74' Phoenix red car was awesome as well. I just happen to prefer 75' bumpers and Berber yellow.
Dr. 914 has great cars.
914werke
welcome.png
scotty b
agree.gif welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.