Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video cameras are fun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
In selling my car I had someone ask if I had any youtube video of my car. Well, yesterday was so nice I decided to take some. Sorry for the poor video quality but I don't have a camera mount. piratenanner.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsokzgjC9Bw

Oh, and no laws were broken in her making of this film biggrin.gif
KELTY360
Nice, an Eastside ramp tour. Next time, come down to Exit 6 & 7 at the Kennydale Hill. You get a long uphill straight onto the freeway and a long downhill straight coming off the hill. Great place to test your fuel delivery system. happy11.gif

Seriously John, I think that vid was a shameless plug to promote real estate sales by showing such a beautiful PNW day in mid-April. Don't you know we're not allowed to show blue sky before July?

I definitely think you need to be banned.gif and exiled to somewhere like Humptulips........or actually anywhere where the sun never shines. poke.gif
campbellcj
LOL, that can't be Seattle - where are your windshield wipers?!?!

I went for a drive and shot a little video yesterday as well. I was going to go out for a longer run today but a storm is rolling into sunny SoCal and it's really gloomy out. Seeing as I have R tires and no windows (or wipers), rain is not my friend.
PeeGreen 914
I had been planning on doing this for over a week. We have actually had decent weather. I only have one wiper and always keep up on my rainX smile.gif .

Yes Marc, but would living in Humptulips be so bad. At least it has a cool name biggrin.gif
campbellcj
Your car sounds great BTW. Is it carbed or MFI?
BigDBass
aktion035.gif Fun video!

Would be better if it were 2 seconds shorter!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 11 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Yes Marc, but would living in Humptulips be so bad. At least it has a cool name biggrin.gif

Guess it depends on whether you're the tulip or the hump. shades.gif

That engine sings!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 11 2010, 11:51 AM) *

Your car sounds great BTW. Is it carbed or MFI?

Carbed. MFI would be nice smile.gif

I wish I could have edited it to cut out some of the random parts but I couldn't get it to work dry.gif . That's why it is over 9 min.

There is one part we just had to shut the camera off because of a car with lights on top got behind us blink.gif He then came beside us and gave me a thumbs up aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
Anyone know of a good video editor that is free and can convert a VOB file?
messix
HEY!!!! you and me were supposed to do that on highbridge road!!!! mad.gif

and you should have done the ne 8 th clover leaf... it has car pool lanes on the on and off ramps!!!

how long do you think it would take for the party poopers to come spoil the fun if we a had a few 914's "enjoying driving.gif " the clover leafs?
sixnotfour
HEY!!!! you and me were supposed to do that on highbridge road!!!!

What so he could bust the spoiler,,,,,,,,,,,,,agian slap.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 11 2010, 06:03 PM) *

sad.gif That one is still sitting in my father-in-law's garage waiting to be fixed headbang.gif

Love it when construction crews leave pot holes chair.gif

bfrymire
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 11 2010, 04:14 PM) *

Anyone know of a good video editor that is free and can convert a VOB file?

You can download an evaluation version. smile.gif
messix
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 11 2010, 06:03 PM) *

did he bust that on highbridge?
turboman808
I ordered a Go Pro HD camera last week. Comes with several car mounts and cost less then $300.

I want to get several of them but want to make sure the video quality is as good as what I see people posting from the camera before I shell out to much.

Look up go pro hd on youtube and you will see some pretty impressive footage though.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, there are a few guy at our local autocrosses that have a camera they say only cost about 150. They sat it is perfect for track stuff and can mount anywhere without damaging anything
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, there are a few guy at our local autocrosses that have a camera they say only cost about 150. They sat it is perfect for track stuff and can mount anywhere without damaging anything
computers4kids
Jon..thanks for sharing.

You can download Jodix ipod converter, it's totally free and will convert a VOB into a quicktime (mp4v). Once you import the video you can choose the size of the outvideo to be full size iif you want. Quitcktime would be cosiderably smaller and a nice web quality.

You can download a free version of Adobe premiere elements if you're looking to edit your video.
Mark
PeeGreen 914
Cool... thanks Mark beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.