Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you been flashed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Knox
I'm switching to LEDs all the way around, and was told to switch to a low powered flasher unit for the LEDs.

My 1974 has a four pronged flasher. Does anyone have a source for a low power four pronged unit? Or, alternatively, how can I make a three pronged unit work?

Thanks for any help!!

Mike
bandjoey
NO LED for the alternator light, if you do the panel. It'll blow the alternator.
Take pictures and keep us up to date. I think lots of us are interested in bright lights.
montoya 73 2.0
I'm using LED's except for the alternator indicator, Headlight and Fog lights. All bulbs are LED equivalent's. I bought mine from Mark "MIKEY914" in the Members Vendor area. I even got the flasher unit from him. Brighter than stock and should last for awhile longer.
underthetire
You can always put a resistor in if you need it to simulate the load on the flasher. I did my dual sport that way.
FlatIV
You may be able to buy one here.

Flasher
realred914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 12 2010, 08:34 PM) *

You can always put a resistor in if you need it to simulate the load on the flasher. I did my dual sport that way.

ditto that, you have some abliltity to change flasher speed aslo with a selction of resistors. more current flow means faster flash
tracks914
I was thinking of buying the amber ones for the front, clear for the back-up and red ones for the back.
Should be able to convert the whole car for less than $50.
Mike Knox
Thanks for the help. That's a good site to have bookmarked!

Mike
underthetire
I buy all my LED stuff through them. Never had an issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.