Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake light switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
i put in a rebuilt pedal cluster today and have a question about the brake light switch. where is the metal tab supposed to sit? am i correct in thinking that it sits in front of the piston and tiggers the light when the piston moves back and breaks contact? or am i nuts as always a pic would help
jt914-6
As in the pic. The washer #48, goes next to the eyelet, then the lock nut on it. The washer goes to the rear of the brake light switch lever. When the pedal is pushed, the washer makes the switch activate and the tailights come on.....# 25 is the adjustment screw. Adjust for the lights to come on just after you push the pedal.

Click to view attachment
nycchef
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 11 2010, 05:26 PM) *

As in the pic. The washer #48, goes next to the eyelet, then the lock nut on it. The washer goes to the rear of the brake light switch lever. When the pedal is pushed, the washer makes the switch activate and the tailights come on.....# 25 is the adjustment screw. Adjust for the lights to come on just after you push the pedal.

Click to view attachment

thanks i may have it right
oz371
QUOTE(nycchef @ Apr 11 2010, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 11 2010, 05:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

thanks i may have it right

This is great. I was just about to post a question about my brake lights which do not come on until the pedal is pretty far down. Thanks!! piratenanner.gif
ArtechnikA
Well, ok, maybe...

In my cars, the brake light switch turns the brake lights -off-.
It is a 'NC' - Normally Closed switch.

If the switch falls out of position or the little finger bends or breaks, the lights will stay on. When the pedal is 'at rest' the circuit is opened and the lights go off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.