Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ignition key question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I only have the valet key for my 75. I understand that the valet and master key are the same " cut " it's just that the master key has an extra groove that allows the trunk + glove box lock. If that is accurate my question is how do youget the master cut ? Do most run of the mill locksmiths have the blanks ? Is it a Porsche specific blank or will a VW blank work ? If a VW blank will work what yesrs/models ? Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
Porsche only blank. VW keys are completely different. A good locksmith will either have a blank or can get one. Porsche still sells them, I think.

The Cap'n
tradisrad
My local locksmith had the proper keys in stock. Nothing special to the cut - just the groove like you mentioned.
Tom_T
PP & the usual suspects & dealers all sell the "real deal" in both black & red handle, & PP has a cheaper repro for your everyday use as well. They also sell the blank shaft (??) with the handle/housing for the newer lighted keys with the Porsche crest if you want fancy.

Locksmith with proper eqpt. can then cut a few for you, & do 2 so you have a spare set too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.