Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting ready for the movers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
I spent a few hours yesterday getting my interior peices all boxed up so the movers can move them with out fuching anything up! The big box is a "small wardrobe" box from UHAul. It cost $10 and holds the 2 seats, door panels, and back pad nicely.
Click to view attachment
The other "crate" I built to hold the Getty 911 dash, and the lower dash pad, and all the long interior pieces like the targa trim and windshield trim peices. I have had all of these parts and pieces recovered, so I did'nt want anything to get damaged in transit. the total cost of that was scrap lumbar and about 50 drywall screws and 2hours of my time!
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Mark,
Where did you end up moving to?
gopack
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 12 2010, 12:09 PM) *

Mark,

Right next to you! ill be renting a room in orangevale for 2 months then the family will join me in more permanent digs. job is in folsom, right near the river where Blue ravine road kind of ends, so we are lookin got live within 10 miles of that, preferably near a bike path or good bike route!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 12 2010, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 12 2010, 12:09 PM) *

Mark,

Right next to you! ill be renting a room in orangevale for 2 months then the family will join me in more permanent digs. job is in folsom, right near the river where Blue ravine road kind of ends, so we are lookin got live within 10 miles of that, preferably near a bike path or good bike route!

Perfecto! If you know that much about Blue Ravine and such, you know about the American River Bike Path. It goes from Folsom Lake in Folsom to Discovery Park in Downtown Sac. I would guess about 32 miles? I am half a mile from the bike path and there are some pretty nice areas between me and Folsom you can look in... In fact, a guy I know just told me about a house that is bank owned in his gated community just a quarter mile from the river.
gopack
cool we are goig to rent at first, at least a year. maybe forever? But yeah i knew abt the bike path.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 12 2010, 11:39 AM) *

cool we are goig to rent at first, at least a year. maybe forever? But yeah i knew abt the bike path.

Couldn't be a better time to buy. Houses are near 1999 prices and interest is near 1970 levels. You will probably double your house value in 10 years. We are considering a move to Rocklin. We meet with the RE agent today at 2pm for the second time. I want a 3-4 car garage and a crapper. She expects a few more features... blink.gif
BigDBass
dry.gif bye1.gif

Best of luck, Mark.

For a Packers fan, you're an OK guy.

Thanks again for being the first 914 guy I ever met, and for showing me your tub way back when!

Dan
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 12 2010, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 12 2010, 11:39 AM) *

Couldn't be a better time to buy. Houses are near 1999 prices and interest is near 1970 levels. You will probably double your house value in 10 years. We are considering a move to Rocklin. We meet with the RE agent today at 2pm for the second time. I want a 3-4 car garage and a crapper. She expects a few more features... blink.gif

My employer has a manufacturing plant in Rocklin. I may go there for a work visit sometime this year. Maybe hang out?
gopack
hey dan,
I thought you had gone away, havent seen you post for a long time.
BigDBass
QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 12 2010, 02:57 PM) *

hey dan,
I thought you had gone away, havent seen you post for a long time.

Yeah, was gone for awhile. I think I've had my 914 out more in the last month than the last 18 months combined. Knock on wood, the car has allowed me to drive it rather then read the board about how to fix it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.