Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tan center console $50.00 SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
markb
We're starting to do some work on Jonathan's car, and he wants to get rid of the tan interior, so here's the console that was in it. It's home made, to look like a stocker, using most of the correct stuff. The brackets look stock, but it's held in by screws and not the pop-in connectors. Needs a good cleaning, and we did not test the gauges. No wiring harness. $50.00 + shipping from 93454 (+ Ca sales tax if you're in Ca).

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

We have door panels and a backpad we'll be putting up soon, the seats are toast.
Tom_T
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 12 2010, 01:47 PM) *

We're starting to do some work on Jonathan's car, and he wants to get rid of the tan interior, so here's the console that was in it. It's home made, to look like a stocker, using most of the correct stuff. The brackets look stock, but it's held in by screws and not the pop-in connectors. Needs a good cleaning, and we did not test the gauges. No wiring harness. $50.00 + shipping from 93454 (+ Ca sales tax if you're in Ca).

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

We have door panels and a backpad we'll be putting up soon, the seats are toast.

Mark - what year & model/engine is this interior out of originally? confused24.gif

If his is the original OE materials for the #31 Beige #501/502 Basketweave/Smooth Leatherette for 73-74 MY & in good condition, then I'm interested in the backpad as a repair material source for the bolster rips int my seats & along the door panel tops for mine.

If the door panels &/or side bolsters on the seats are in good condition, or center flip-up cushion, then I might go for those too or instead.

Also - if it's a Dark Tan #503 OE loop pile carpet (tan & brown speckled or oatmeal), then I'd be interested in any pieces in VG/Excl cond. - or cleanable/restorable to such.

This color scheme is all NLA now & I want to find NOS or VG/Excl used bits in order to piece together with an upholstery shop a restored excl.set for my 73 2L resto project.

Please email me with pix & prices of them when you're ready. smile.gif

Whew!! - no offense to Jonathan, but that tan/beige console makes my head hurt! blink.gif
... & I absolutely LUV my 914's Beige interior!!! biggrin.gif

It's just too much TAN for me & clashes with the black gauges & shift boot IMHO. shades.gif

Still - it looks extremely well done & I'm sure someone will like it on here! biggrin.gif

Please do contact me on those other parts, & I want first dibs & could pick them up on my way to or from SF the week on 4/26, if we close a deal on them.

Good Luck on this one! beerchug.gif
edrotol
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 12 2010, 01:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Pm sent
markb
OK, sold to edrotol, I'll respond to your PM in just a moment.

Tom_T, the car is a 72, & the material matches what I put in my 72, so I'm pretty sure it's the standard tan. 2 of the "hooks" on the backpad (the upper pieces that hold the top in place) were torn when the backpad was removed (rookie dismantler dry.gif ). I'll post some pics when we're ready to put it up for sale. The car had the same vinyl on the interior longs instead of carpet, so there's possibly the material for your bolster repairs if it's the color you need. The door panels have been refurbed with plywood backing, again the vinyl is standard tan (I'm not sure what beige is), in the proper basketweave for a 72. The panels look very good. Again, when we get to that point, I'll post some pics.
Tom_T
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 12 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Tom_T, the car is a 72, & the material matches what I put in my 72, so I'm pretty sure it's the standard tan. 2 of the "hooks" on the backpad (the upper pieces that hold the top in place) were torn when the backpad was removed (rookie dismantler dry.gif ). I'll post some pics when we're ready to put it up for sale. The car had the same vinyl on the interior longs instead of carpet, so there's possibly the material for your bolster repairs if it's the color you need. The door panels have been refurbed with plywood backing, again the vinyl is standard tan (I'm not sure what beige is), in the proper basketweave for a 72. The panels look very good. Again, when we get to that point, I'll post some pics.

Mark - whether from the longs or backpad, I'll be simply using the smooth leatherette material to effect repairs by the upholsterer.

But if it's in good shape to use whole - please do a fellow member Brent (bembry on here) a favor & PM him to see if he still needs a full backpad for his 73 Resto, as the hook(s) can probably be fixed on it. Since there's possible material at the inner sill/longs - I'll let him have a first shot at it, & take it if he's set or doesn't want that one.

The 72 basketweave is different than 73-74 (70-72 was called "Perforated" IIRC), but smooth is the same IIRC, so the door panels may not work unless the top bolster is excl & can be removed & reattached to mine. I'll know when I see pix.

FYI - apparently what we all call "tan," cinnamon," "caramel," & other flavors today - was actually "officially" called "Beige #31" by Porsche/VW. I just went through that in a 12 month effort with PCNA to get them to correct my COA, & used these docs/pix to do so .....

72 #31 Beige Interior Color Option -
> 73 & 70-76 were the same on #31, I just never found a 73 doc. like this, but PCNA did eventually correct based on this info & pix of my 914 -

Click to view attachment

72 & 74 Smooth & Basketweave:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

#503 Carpet on here is a 73-74 pile, but it may have been used by the PO on Jonathans (I don't think 503 was available for the 72 MY as OE per below), so FYI -

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanx! biggrin.gif
bembry
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 12 2010, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Apr 12 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Mark - whether from the longs or backpad, I'll be simply using the smooth leatherette material to effect repairs by the upholsterer.

But if it's in good shape to use whole - please do a fellow member Brent (bembry on here) a favor & PM him to see if he still needs a full backpad for his 73 Resto, as the hook(s) can probably be fixed on it. Since there's possible material at the inner sill/longs - I'll let him have a first shot at it, & take it if he's set or doesn't want that one.[/i] -

Thanx! biggrin.gif

Thanks for thing of me guys, but I recently got a tan backapd and door panels, so have at it!
Brent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.