Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper Tops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911/914gary
An earlier post inferred that there is a difference between OEM and reproduction rubber bumper tops. This might explain the price ranges for these ($190 to over $300). Is there difference in fit, material quality, looks, etc… between OEM and repro rubber bumper tops????
confused24.gif
Demick
As far as I know, there is no repro bumper top rubber. Only OEM.

BTW, I think someone should make fiberglass bumper top replacements (I know that there are fiberglass bumper w/ top replacements, but I'm talking about fiberglass replacements for just the rubber tops).

Demick
mike_the_man
agree.gif
I thought about trying to make some fiberglass bumper tops, but I ended up finding one for cheap. If you had a good one, you could make a mold, it shouldn't be too bad. If anybody makes some, I'd be interested.
tat2dphreak
I thought I saw someplace (on ebay probably) that had repro bumper tops? they were still 150+ though confused24.gif
watsonrx13
I know I would be very interested in purchasing f/g bumper tops. I have (3) sets of chrome bumpers (front and rear) and all have terrible tops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.