Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing speaker pods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass

I'm installing speaker pods from James aka Morph aka 914 Appearance and Performance.

I'm having a heck of a time getting the speaker pods aligned on the passenger side. I can't seem to get the holes lined up, particularly for the bottom one through the carpet and the top one in back going into the mounting tab.

Anybody have any tips to get them to line up?

Thanks
turnaround89
Mine lined up perfectly, if your having trouble the speaker pods are just fiberglass and you could redrill the holes so it fits correctly
PanelBilly
Put finish nails into the holes Nd then Lign the grills. Pull a nail out,put a screw in
Tom_T
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 12 2010, 11:07 PM) *

Put finish nails into the holes Nd then Lign the grills. Pull a nail out,put a screw in

agree.gif

.... first make sure that the push-in speed nut clips are in the round holes behind the carpet, & the clip-on speed-nut clips are on the tabs, & then start with the carpet one, then diagonal from that, then either upper or lower opposite, etc. to make an "X" pattern, like when you're torquing a head or something.

Don't re-drill - if the holes aren't lining up with the nails, then send them back to Morph for a better set with properly placed holes.
BigDBass

The finishing nail thing worked perfectly. Thanks for the new trick!

The driver side lined up much more easily. Passenger side took some leverage and massage to get it lined up. Perhaps because the carpet was pulled out and put back on that side when I put in the footwell subwoofer.

Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.