Full Version: Fun! 914Club up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
grantsfo
This is getting better by the minute!

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=202235
Chris Pincetich
OMG you can link to their site here
The question is, will the new site let you link BACK to the World?
That was NOT allowed by the previous owner.
headbang.gif barf.gif headbang.gif
popcorn[1].gif
edit: seems like it is not working for me
underthetire
Yes, they actually put a link in. OMG, one family again?
EdwardBlume
So what's the plan? Are Mommy and Daddy getting back together?
underthetire
Andy's name shows up red over there poke.gif they are watching you blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 13 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Yes, they actually put a link in. OMG, one family again?

Yes and of all things Sir Andy is over there now!!!!! Is he selling us out???
EdwardBlume
From the Dr...

Welcome to the new 914club.com
Dear 914club member:
As most of you know by now, my company, Automobile Atlanta Inc., has been graciously afforded the opportunity to purchase the 914club website, and although the transition took a bit longer than we thought, Andy Schmidt was instrumental in making it a very smooth one.

This club has had a long and colorful history and we are happy to continue with that spirit, while making new history by providing one of the two best places in the world (so to speak!) for the best in 914 tech advice, guidance, chat, and general camaraderie!

The rules of the new club are simple: Keep the focus on Porsche, remain at all times ladies and gentlemen, and post in the appropriate area! We value the Garage as the main focus for instant tech advice and 914 information, so please try to keep it that way so no one has to wade through to find the needed solution to their Porsche problem.

Contrary to anyone's opinion, the club will continue to be an open Porsche forum. Our company owns the site, but that doesn't mean that we will suppress any legitimate comment or reference: If you have a gripe with any supplier, and cannot work it out with them, you are free to express it here. It will only make that supplier better at what they do. (and that includes us!) Our administrators will, however, suppress any outright bashing, and we have turned on the profanity filter!

This is not a commercial site! Banner ads only by member vendors, and to advertise we will expect those vendors to contribute technically to this community. Every member can advertise in the classifieds! If you would like a banner, please contact Jason@autoatlanta.com and he will set you up.

Just like our sister site 914world.com, however, we will ask for a small donation. (Ours will be to the Wounded Warrior Project) Your ad will be as frequent as the level of your donation.

Our board is composed of some of the finest and most able in the 914 community, and they will be monitoring the site 24 hours a day to help you in that wee hour when no one is around. I personally am always available as a back up, and my numbers are published. Our two sites (World and Club) also have administrators in common, and Andy of the World, and I have a close working relationship, so feel free to quote or cross post on either site. All members whose account has been previously suspended for political reasons will be reinstated.

I myself of course will post here but will also continue to post on the World, just as I have been doing for the last couple of years. Consider our areas: Garage, Paddock, Off-Topic, Concours d'Elegance, etc, just a different bend from that of the World. It is our intent that both clubs be integral for the preservation of the fabulous Porsche 914 and its vast network of passionate owners.

Thank you for subscribing and look forward to a informative helpful site, 914club.com!
underthetire
Yes, and buying our posts. With 10% off !
TheCabinetmaker
I've tried to get there via my old shortcut and thru the link on this thread. No dice. Have I been banned already?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 13 2010, 01:27 PM) *

I've tried to get there via my old shortcut and thru the link on this thread. No dice. Have I been banned already?

Let our people be free. All political prisoners have been released! It may take a few days for everything to work itself out. Andy or Jason will be able to free anyone who is still banned!
grantsfo
I still laugh. All Forums with sponsors are commercial sites! I dont know why that is a precieved negative that people like to put in the charter statements. 10% at AutoAlanta for posting 50 posts isnt commercial? Aside from that strange statement it looks like good development, but I'm sure somone must be pissed off or it wouldnt be a 914 forum. LOL!
nycchef
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 13 2010, 12:27 PM) *

i can't either. is it because i am returning my brake hoses to AA.? i'm sorry george i'll keep them and buy a 356. poke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Just joking George. I was never banned before. I play good (most of the time).
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 13 2010, 01:32 PM) *

I still laugh. All Forums with sponsors are commercial sites! I dont know why that is a precieved negative that people like to put in the charter statements. 10% at AutoAlanta for posting 50 posts isnt commercial? Aside from that strange statement it looks like good development, but I'm sure somone must be pissed off or it wouldnt be a 914 forum. LOL!

I am sure that you appreciate my deep love for the marque Grants. I have been laughing all day that we have been able to free the club and get it back together with the world. This is a great development and I would expect "congrats Andy and George"
Funny how some take a good gesture and nay say it. We did not HAVE to offer 10% off, to keep it less commercial. (now THAT statement REALLY doesn't make sense.
Let's now have some POSITIVE posts about recent developments.
SirAndy
Guys, the DNS change can take up to 72 hours to filter through ...

If you still see the old "Board offline" message or a blank page etc. your ISP has not yet updated their DNS cache.

Not much one can do about that. Wait another day or so and you should be able to access the site again ...

type.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2010, 01:44 PM) *

the DNS change can take up to 72 hours to filter through

If you really can't wait that long, you can add the lines below to your 'hosts' file:

CODE

173.201.38.49    914club.com
173.201.38.49    www.914club.com

On a Windows machine, the 'hosts' file is here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

bye1.gif Andy
grantsfo
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 13 2010, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 13 2010, 01:32 PM) *

I am sure that you appreciate my deep love for the marque Grants. I have been laughing all day that we have been able to free the club and get it back together with the world. This is a great development and I would expect "congrats Andy and George"
Funny how some take a good gesture and nay say it. We did not HAVE to offer 10% off, to keep it less commercial. (now THAT statement REALLY doesn't make sense.
Let's now have some POSITIVE posts about recent developments.

Guess its all in your perspective. You do have a vested commercial interest in the sites so I just dont see you as being pure as the driven snow on the "reunification", but yes thanks for uniting the sites! Its about time but cant we let the WOrld die now?
SGB
smile.gif

Thanks Doc.
Thanks Andy

beer.gif
underthetire
Somehow, I don't feel dirty going over there now. Thanks !
Scott S
I am not understanding how still having two sites equals unification...

TheCabinetmaker
I agree. Why have two sites with the same admin and such. I've hated having two sites since the infamous split. Just let one go away. I'm gonna decide which I like best (won't take long) and delete the other.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Apr 13 2010, 02:12 PM) *

I am not understanding how still having two sites equals unification...

Some 914 owners are of a different temperament than others. Sort of like the concours guys vs the racing guys. The two will just be a different place to express themselves but with full cooperation between the different hangouts. Andy and I will see how it plays out.

Smitty911
Thanks for spending the Time and Money, to correct the issue.

I've only purchased a couple of items from AA as of today. I'd like to add that the parts were correct and on time and fairly priced (hard to admit, I'm a cheapskate).

I really don't care about the past issues as this community is to small to host ill towards each other.

Ever forward

RJMII
Now THIS looks great! Thanks Andy and George and Jason! (not necessarily in that order)
Root_Werks
QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 13 2010, 01:56 PM) *

smile.gif

Thanks Doc.
Thanks Andy

beer.gif

agree.gif beer.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Thanks guys aktion035.gif

I'm likely going to stay here but maybe that will help others go there blink.gif lol-2.gif

Thanks George for all you do beerchug.gif
smontanaro
I used to be known there as "smontanaro" as I am here. I don't seem to be able to coax the 914club site into sending me a password reminder. Andy, can you sprinkle some magic pixie dust on my old login?

Thanks,

Skip
Andyrew
Im not sure where im going to stay, Probably 914world and AXPaddock.. I give it 2 months untill the club merges with the world. smile.gif

Zimms
Congrats and thanks George and Andy!!!
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 13 2010, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 13 2010, 01:56 PM) *

Thanks Doc.
Thanks Andy
beer.gif

agree.gif beer.gif

x3

drunk.gif
KP
montoya 73 2.0
I can feel the love that's happening in 914 land!!

But what's the real story why this happened? Who agreed to marry who's spinnster (is that how it's spelled) sister?

First the limo isn't just talk and now this! what's next?

Oh, and thank you George and whomever else contributed to this monumental re-gathering!
VaccaRabite
Thanks for keeping 914club on line George.
I've more or less made my home here, but I do lurk over there when I have time and can't get enough of my fix. I wish you the best of luck!

Zach
URY914
And the question remains........why two sites?
Frost
I still favor World more, i dont know what it is about this site but i seem to get everything i need from here!
FourBlades

Thanks George and Andy and all who helped make this happen.

Perhaps over time each site will develop its own flavor and focus.

Nothing wrong with that.

I lurk a lot on bird boards, early 911s registry, and road glue and find them all
very valuable.

I prefer when people do not cross post all the sites so I find different stuff on
each site. It helps while away the hours while I am supposed to be working. biggrin.gif

John
PanelBilly
Two sites is fine with me. I drive both a Benz & a BMW motorcycle and manage the conflicting benefits of the two different but similar transportaions. I like having site options. Like going to different bars.
TROJANMAN
Cool. Now I can wear my hat and sweatshirt again smile.gif

Of course, clubNarp is where it's at....... word shades.gif
Rand
Dude, wear your narpshirt at WCR. About time for a high-mountain cheers.
Joe Bob
Looks like I got unbanned....my old login works.
Rand
Let's see where George draws the line with bouncing boobies. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Two sites? Last I looked there were 4or5 914 related sites.
JmuRiz
Cool, now I won't feel as strange wearing my OLD 914club had and having my old 914club window decal on my car wink.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 14 2010, 07:19 AM) *

Cool, now I won't feel as strange wearing my OLD 914club had and having my old 914club window decal on my car wink.gif

Isn't that what I said? poke.gif
Sean did a great job with the hats and beanies.......

Now I kind of wish I had ordered one of those grill thingamajiggys

Time to bookmark the page again!

Looking forward to the Tips of the Days, or Tips of the Day, or something like that biggrin.gif

Now ClubNarp will have two sites to mock tongue.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 14 2010, 07:22 AM) *

Looking forward to the Tips of the Days, or Tips of the Day, or something like that biggrin.gif

I have a couple of them someplace....want one?

TROJANMAN
Sure
It's too bad all of that merchandise became stigmatized.
It was pretty cool stuff.
tat2dphreak

agree.gif

I need a new cap like that again sad.gif the blue one and tan ones both are so sweat-soaked and grease-covered I can't wear them in public, and washing didn't help smile.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 14 2010, 07:52 AM) *

agree.gif

I need a new cap like that again sad.gif the blue one and tan ones both are so sweat-soaked and grease-covered I can't wear them in public, and washing didn't help smile.gif

Bleach it....gives it a nice patina like our cars.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
There will be more tips yes!

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 14 2010, 08:22 AM) *

Brando
I suppose I should send a bill to AA for my few-thousand posts over there. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Funny how my post count is under 1,000. Bradwad, screwed with it before he banned me.

Glad that asshat is toast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.